An unlocked phone means the contract is free
SIM lock: remove the unloved lock in the mobile phone
SIM lock: remove unloved phone lock
Graphics: Image licensed by Ingram Image, photo / montage: teltarif.de If a cell phone can only be used with a certain cellular network or even only a very specific SIM card, this is due to the so-called SIM lock: The device is more or less precisely defined properties of the SIM card, the "Subscriber Identity Module", bound. There are different variants such as Netlock and the full SIM lock.
The full SIM lock brings with it most of the restrictions - because only the cell phone and a very specific SIM card understand each other. If this no longer works, the customer must have an identical replacement card issued by the network operator.
The "Netlock" is more common today than the full SIM lock. The mobile phone is not tied to a specific SIM card, but only to a specific network. Thus, the user can use it himself with a SIM card from the network operator, but also SIM cards from other providers in his network.
As a rule, the duration of the SIM lock is limited to the minimum contract term of the tariff that was sold in a bundle with the mobile phone. This is usually a maximum of 24 months.
Get rid of the SIM lock prematurely
SIM lock: remove unloved phone lock
Graphics: Image licensed by Ingram Image, photo / montage: teltarif.de If you want to release a device from the SIM lock before the minimum contract period expires, you can usually buy it free from your mobile phone provider for an unlocking fee. This fee is usually around 100 euros. Buying a cell phone with a SIM lock and unlocking it early is often more expensive than purchasing a cell phone without a SIM lock on the open market.
Unlock your phone after the deadline
In addition to this official way, there are other ways to unlock a cell phone - but these are in a legal gray area. You can read everything about these unofficial variants in another guide to alternative unlocking methods for the SIM lock.
Telekom has gone one step further
As part of its original exclusive contract with Apple for the sale of the celebrated iPhone in Germany, which had been in place many years ago, Telekom went one step further at the end of 2007: After two years, it was possible to request the unlock code for the SIM lock free of charge initially not intended for the iPhone. Only after a legal dispute in the interim injunction procedure with its competitor Vodafone did Telekom manage to conclude that the SIM lock would be removed at the customer's request, at least after the minimum contract period had expired.
Messages about SIM lock
- Vinyl stickers can be used outdoors
- Addison's disease can be caused during pregnancy
- How do I control my mind 1
- Which word rhymes with keyboard
- How does Alibaba shape its brand
- Which course is just PCM or trade
- Can I eat Brie on keto?
- What is the demand for rugged tablets
- Can antibiotics cause a yeast infection?
- Why did you leave Chevron
- Why does Spain need migration
- What was the first DC comic
- What substances are in poppy seeds
- How are microspheres worse than sand silt?
- Why do people like to get into a fight?
- What are the best product development strategies
- How do you restore their credibility?
- Why do most celebrities experience strange deaths
- What is a hammer used for?
- How do you avoid a rattlesnake attack
- Fivesquid com is good for selling
- Why do my knitting stitches look different
- Anorexia affects brain size of intelligence
- What are the disadvantages of paper