Why do people use FaceApp
FaceApp: That's why you shouldn't use the app
The "FaceApp" photo morph app has been very popular for many years. But for data protection reasons, you should definitely keep your hands off the app. We explain why.
26,623 ratings in the App Store and an average rating of 4.6 out of 5. The "FaceApp" photo morph app has been on the market since 2016 and is very popular with many. In the Google Play Store, FaceApp is currently number one in the download charts in the "Top Apps" category. The application is currently on everyone's lips again in social networks. The reason for this is simple: the app makes people laugh! With it you transform people into old people, change the sex or make them younger. It works quickly and easily.
What hardly anyone reads, however, are the data protection provisions of the app. The site Mashable reports of questionable privacy regulations. If you take a photo with FaceApp, you give the image rights directly to the manufacturer of the application. He reserves the right to save, edit or even publish your recordings.
Extensive user profiles
But you don't just make images available to the company behind FaceApp. Like many other app developers, the application collects data on your usage behavior in the app. So far so good. However, it does not stop at these data. In addition, FaceApp stores information about visited websites that you have called up with the mobile phone or tablet browser. Your device ID, location data or information about installed add-ons are also transferred.
With all this data it is possible to create quite extensive user profiles. In addition, they are passed on to advertising partners if required. So make this clear to you if you want to try the app out or if you are already using it. We clearly recommend: Stay away from FaceApp!
" Tip:The best VPN providers for more security and data protection
- Is there a specialty in number 11
- What is soil pollutant
- Animals know they were the dominant species
- Replaces NFC QR codes
- What are some reasons why crypto currency would fail
- How are honesty and truth connected?
- Can India be PunyaBhoomi for non-Hindus
- What does East Asia eat with rice
- What are some examples of double mutations
- When was your first time
- What does UX mean for PropTech
- What is the difference between one crypto currency and another?
- What is meant by real estate 1
- Where are you between two thoughts
- What's your worst roommate experience
- How are real insurance complaints handled
- Are Oxygen OS and Android different
- How can I forge a blade?
- Who is eligible for the CSAB 2019
- Which processors use microcoding
- What is cathodic protection
- What agreements do directors have to sign?
- Why is humanitarian intervention so controversial
- What's new in MIUI 11