Why is Windows 10 spying on me
Windows 10 - disable espionage functions
As has already been reported in detail on various blogs and news portals, Windows 10 mercilessly spies on the user and sends all collected data to the Microsoft server. As always, this is justified by the fact that you want to improve usability, which is just a pretext. We'll show you how you can protect yourself against it.
You can of course use one of the various open source tools such as DisableWinTracking or DoNotSpy10 to achieve the desired goal, but we recommend that you make the "fixes" yourself to be absolutely sure and not to surrender to any developers.
First of all, you shouldn't connect Windows 10 to a Microsoft account. You can skip this step during the installation. If you have already connected the account, you can undo this in the user account management:
- Open the area via the start menu Settings
- Then select the navigation point Accounts
- Now choose Switch to a local account. In order to confirm these changes you may have to enter your password.
- A summary of the action is then displayed. Now all you have to do is Sign out and subsequently Complete click and you are now equipped with an offline account.
A detailed explanation with video and pictures on this topic can also be found at Giga.de under this link.
Now it is a matter of completely deactivating the spy function of Windows 10. The following steps are necessary for this:
- Adjust Windows 10 privacy settings
- Adjust Windows group policies
- Adjust registry
- Deactivate Windows services
- Customize hosts file
1. Adjust the privacy settings of Windows 10
In turn, use the Windows Start menu to navigate the Settings and select the navigation point Privacy. Now go through all the sub-items Generally to Background apps and change the switches from Aon Out. At the area Feedback and diagnosis change the Feedback frequency on Neverand at Diagnostic and usage data on Easy.
2. Adjust Windows group policies
Now open with the Windows key + R on your keyboard that To runWindow and enter there gpedit.msc a. In the next window you will find under Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> All Settings the option Allow telemetry. The service settings open with a double click. Select the option there 0-off at. After that Deactivate the service completely.
3. Adjust the registry
Adjustments in the registry are now necessary. As with the previous point, start with the Windows Key + R the To runWindow and give the command regedit a. In the registry editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Policies -> Microsoft -> Windows -> DataCollection. Once there, create a new one in the right half of the window with a right click DWORD value (32-bit) and title it with AllowTelemetry. Check that the value 0 (last number in brackets) is entered. Now you can close the registry window again.
4. Deactivate Windows services
Now it's time to disable Windows 10's sniffing services. To do this, click with the right mouse button on the Windows logo in the start menu and select the item Computer management out. Then click first on Services and Applications and then on services. Now look for the services Diagnostic tracking service and dmwapppushsvc. A context menu opens with a click on the desired service. You should get the service first break upif this is not already the case and then change the Start type on Disabled. Confirm each of these adjustments with Takeor. OK. You can then close the window.
5. Adapt the hosts file
Finally, the Windows 10 hosts file must be adapted so that Windows 10 no longer has any information about which servers the information should be sent to. To do this, open again with the Windows Key + R the To runWindow and give the command cmd a.
In the command prompt that opens, you must first enter the command twice CD.. run so that you are in the root (C: \) then navigate with cd windows / system32 / drivers / etc to the required folder and start with the commands to you and notepad hosts the hosts file and open it with it. Then add the following servers under the existing content and save the file:
This action tells Windows that all of these servers are on your PC and so no information can be delivered to Microsoft.
If you have worked through all the steps, you are now safe from the surveillance by Microsoft and can still use the positive effects of the latest Windows version from Microsoft without restriction.
Please note that these instructions are a slightly older version and that Microsoft has now partially adapted Windows 10.
Since we no longer offer support and our focus is on the subject of web design, we ask for your understanding that we cannot provide any further support regarding this manual.
- Could Canadian Inuit survive in Antarctica?
- What is Bet360 com
- Has Europe had hurricanes before?
- Do you think of death every day
- Who is eligible for the CSAB 2019
- How to choose wood veneer
- What's your story from EVE Online
- Do we need IELTS for students VISA
- Why are people being persecuted
- Solid amorphous is more stable than crystalline
- Is Saudi Arabia the cancer of mankind
- Who makes a high quality pea coat
- Can Entamoeba histolytica kill you
- What is humanity for the Kashmiri?
- Would you prefer to buy books online
- How big is the market for batteries
- Do we need RO for 500 ppm
- How are movie stars paid
- Why does India not use blockchain technology
- How do abdominal muscles burn belly fat
- Are related to NLP data science
- How would you use AoPS Volume One
- What services are provided by IT consultants
- Any person can avoid pain or unhappiness