When will South Korea attack Nepal?
The modernization of the South Korean Navy on the high seas
The Republic of South Korea has undertaken a thorough modernization of its defense instrument for several years, based in particular on the rapid development of its own defense industry. This modernization also affects the armored vehicles, specifically the Black Panther main battle tank, the combat aircraft with the KFX program and the Navy, with an unprecedented drive to transform the South Korean Navy into a high-ranking Navy. Sea, and make it one of the main actors in peaceful theater.
After acquiring the technologies required to develop its own buildings and systems, South Korea is now developing its own solutions and is even achieving export successes in the submarine and surface ship sectors. This development took place in two phases:
- In the 1990s and 2000s, the South Korean Navy focused on moving from coastal defense navy status to offshore navy, for example through the acquisition of submarines Enter 209/214 with TKMS and the construction of destroyers, frigates and corvettes with the support of westerners, especially Europeans. It was at this time that she began to participate in important international exercises such as RIMPAC, and in the first large-tonnage ships such as the Destroyers Gwanggaeto the Great were launched.
- From the 2010s, the conversion into a deep-sea navy began, which significantly increased the tonnage of the ships and their armament. We'll go into more detail here at this stage.
This advanced approach enabled the Korean Navy, as well as the naval industry, to gradually acquire the know-how and technology necessary to ensure this change and to integrate this advancement into a controlled economic shell. The future of the South Korean Navy rests on four main types of buildings: attack submarines, destroyers, frigates and LHDs.
The rest of this article is for subscribers only
Articles with full free access can be found in the "Free Articles" section. Subscribers have full access to news articles, analysis, and summaries. Articles in archives (older than 2 years) are reserved for professional subscribers.
Monthly subscription for € 5.90 per month - Personal subscription for € 49.5 per year - Professional subscription for € 180 per year - Student subscription for € 25 per year - Without promotional code -
Download theMobile meta-defense app for iOS or Android to be informed about new releases by notification.
- Which countries still use the FN FAL
- Are the Japanese afraid of death?
- Why does Quora not offer an editing option
- We use image recognition AIs to use filters
- Difference between div tag and frame tag
- Can foxes jump? If so, how high
- What is Workday SAAS online training
- Does it hurt to die from an electric shock?
- What is mental math
- Wouldn't you marry a raped girl
- Screaming covert narcissists in general
- How can the following problem be solved
- What is a Keyword Driven Framework
- What causes the desire to escape
- What makes a road legal
- Does anyone regret choosing BAMS?
- If 1x 1 what is x
- How people get 99 9X in CAT
- How can we support Hong Kong
- What is an alternative real estate investment
- What are some common misconceptions about football
- What is HP in the automobile
- What does your pride not allow?
- What is acupressure treatment
- What are some input and output variables
- How long have people been using furniture?
- Is a SoloLearn certificate valuable
- What is an electronic injector fuse
- How old movies visual effects are made
- Are there wolves in California
- How did medieval battles usually take place?
- Consciousness is an extension of the subconscious
- How do you learn social science questions