How is marijuana good for your health
This is how cannabis as medicine can help
The extract of the hemp plant, cannabis, is banned in Germany. Cannabis, as dried flowers (marijuana) or resin (hashish), is not only an intoxicant, but also a very effective drug that plays a special role in pain therapy. Until recently, cannabis drugs in Germany were only approved for spasticity and multiple sclerosis. For a good year now, there has also been a right to be prescribed cannabis medication for other serious illnesses.
Who can get cannabis on prescription?
Cannabis is not the first choice because it doesn't help everyone: Doctors prescribe cannabis products - such as dronabinol drops - for chronically ill patients who can no longer tolerate common painkillers or whose painkillers no longer work. Cannabis is most likely to work against pain that arises in the nervous system. Above all, spastic and neuropathic pain, which often occurs in cancer patients after radiation therapy, can be relieved quite effectively. Cannabis can also be helpful for phantom pain after amputations. Doctors may, if necessary, prescribe the pure flowers or cannabis preparations in the form of capsules, drops, oil or as an oral spray.
How cannabis works
Cannabis contains more than 100 active ingredients. The two most important are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD):
- THC lifts the mood, changes perception (foggy) and relieves pain.
- CBD anti-inflammatory, relieves cramps, relieves anxiety and relieves pain.
Cannabis has advantages that other active ingredients do not have: The body itself produces very similar substances, the so-called endo-cannabinoids, which develop their effect via various receptors that are also sensitive to ingested cannabis active ingredients. The CB1 receptor is found in the central nervous system and many other organs and relieves anxiety, stress, restlessness and pain. The CB2 receptor is located in the immune cells of the lungs and intestines and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
There is a lack of empirical values
There are still too few empirical values and studies on effectiveness, long-term and side effects, because cannabis was not allowed to be used and examined due to the previous legal situation. If dosed too high, cannabis spray, for example, can limit short-term memory. Cannabis drugs are not suitable for patients with depressive disorders or other psychiatric illnesses, or for patients with heart diseases such as cardiac arrhythmias.
This topic in the program:
Visit | 02/27/2018 | 8:15 pm
- Why does a narcissist want attention
- What city did Hades worship
- Is it safe to buy an antivirus from Amazon
- Which crypto currency is best now
- What is the most widely used blogger template
- How can I download videos from 9ku
- Why do psychopaths develop a fixation on someone
- What is the most accurate shotgun on the market
- Why would you love someone unconditionally
- Lawyers often get depressed
- Why is India quasi federalism?
- How has mobile computing changed our lives
- Why have gas prices fallen
- Should there be uniforms in law school
- What is health with fashion
- What are the normal cost of clothes
- How can you spot a fake crypto currency
- Solve my love problem astrologer
- Are perception and reality the same
- How can my Upwork profile be accepted?
- Where can I find a forex community
- Asana has a chat function
- Who defeated Hannibal in Carthage
- Why do so many farmers' markets fail
- How do I make 4,000 online
- An airport taxi is available in Chennai
- How often are Zipcars cleaned?
- What is the best hair care product
- Which president had the worst mouth
- Which is the ancient culture in India
- Oil drilling is bad
- Melts metal in space
- How to check the fuel pressure