How do you treat hemolytic anemia
Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA)
Autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA) is a rare disease of the immune system in children and adolescents. It is associated with anemia. In this text you will find information about the clinical picture of AIHA, the causes, the forms of the disease, the symptoms, the diagnosis, the therapy and the prognosis.
Author: Dr. med. Joachim Kunz, created on: 02/28/2012, editing: Ingrid Grüneberg, approval: PD Dr. med. Gesche Tallen, Prof. Dr. med. Ursula Creutzig, last changed: June 20, 2018
Autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA) is a rare disease of the immune system in children and adolescents. It is associated with anemia.
The following informational text is aimed at patients with an AIHA, their families, friends, teachers and other caregivers, as well as the general public. It is intended to help us better understand this disease, the options for treating it, and the problems and needs of the patients concerned. Our information does not replace the necessary clarifying discussions with the treating physicians and other employees of the treatment team; however, they can help to prepare these conversations and to understand them better.
Notengen to the text: The information contained in this patient text has been created primarily on the basis of the literature given below and taking into account the current guidelines on anemia diagnostics in childhood. The text was checked by the editors specified above in April 2018 and released for posting on the Internet for a period of five years. It should be checked again and updated after this period has expired.
Note:: Please note that the following are general information and recommendations. Many therapy recommendations have to be decided on a case-by-case basis by a team of specialists. Your treatment team will inform you of the measures that apply to your child.
To download and save
on autoimmune hemolytic anemia PDF file
Guideline for anemia diagnostics in childhood
This guideline, written for physicians, provides further information on diagnosing childhood anemia. To the guideline
Technical literature at a glance
A compilation of important specialist literature on the AIHA, which is primarily aimed at doctors. To specialist literature
- How to change your WordPress username
- How do you define the value chain
- What were the main achievements of Emiliano Zapatas
- Why do people hate homework
- How do you hold your controller
- What kind of company was Stark Enterprises
- Which is 1 9999 as a fraction
- What is Kesha's sexuality
- How long does the office repair take
- How are Orthodox Jews supposed to handle this OTD
- Is movement a characteristic of living organisms
- What do you miss about Lexington Kentucky
- What are real loan repairs made of
- What are some myths about immigrants
- Can an electric screwdriver drill holes
- You can create a subnet on a Verizon router
- Are all Verizon SIM cards the same?
- Alfie Solomons had cancer
- What is the future of Apple's MagSafe
- How are the Qantas lounges
- What happened to YouTube Red 1
- What is the modem firewall used for?
- Is Quora really useful for academics
- What makes a kind what it is