How do different cell types work
All cells of multicellular organisms emerge from the zygote, which is the result of the fusion of the egg cell and sperm. From this one cell all different specialized cells emerge in the course of development. One speaks here of cell differentiation.
After the egg cell and sperm have merged, the zygote divides several times. This cluster of cells is called the morula. This continues until a hollow ball is formed that is filled with liquid. This stage of embryonic development is called the blastula. The subsequent gastrulation (invagination) leads to the formation of the three cotyledons, from which various types of tissue develop in later stages: The ectoderm is on the outside, from which the skin and the nervous system emerge in the course of further development. The mesoderm lies in the middle of the gastrula; it later forms the connective tissue, muscles and bones. Inside is the endoderm, from which the digestive system and other important glands later emerge.
The primordial germ cell, i.e. the zygote, has the property of being able to differentiate into a complete organism. This is known as totipotent. In the first stages of development, i.e. the blastocyst stage, the cells are called pluripotent. This means that the cells, which are also called embryonic stem cells, can still develop in all different tissues, but not in an entire organism. In the further course, the stem cells also lose this property and become multipotent. Only certain tissues can be made from them. This is also referred to as adult stem cells, which are responsible for the regeneration of skin or liver cells in humans, for example.
- Are prairie dogs related to dogs
- Should I get a mortgage
- Who was the mastermind behind ABBA
- Which animals should you never run from?
- What happened to the Russian EKIP planes
- Where can tenants get free legal assistance
- What happens if I swallow hit insecticide
- People don't make phone calls anymore
- Amphetamines should be legalized
- What are the characteristics of flower arrangements
- Men really keep secrets
- Which winner is the best
- How many IAS grades are there
- Where do I stay in Chettinad
- What was your most embarrassing hobby in your childhood
- Are related to NLP data science
- What is an embedded control system
- How does Cython work at the production level
- What is a feral cat behavior
- How did Vegeta lose his cock
- What books should every child read?
- How is cat meningitis treated
- What are you doing in Dubai
- What did Winston Churchill do in World War I.
- Recommend banking with crypto currency
- Which is more stable ortho or para
- Which IIM offer correspondence MBA
- Smallville is widely regarded as a bad show
- Who made the first electric car
- Should there be uniforms in law school
- Why should we care about our nation?
- How autoreclosers are applicable to circuit breakers
- What influenced the election in Alabama