When should pivot tables be used?
Office Create a pivot table with Excel - this is how it works
A pivot table is a special type of Excel table. Existing data can be evaluated here without changing the original table. This results in a summarized form that only contains the most important information.
Advantages of a pivot table
Above all, a pivot table facilitates clarity, as only the required data is displayed in a compressed form. The original table could have several thousand rows, but most of it contains unimportant information. Your pivot table, on the other hand, only has a handful of rows and columns, but only contains the values that you actually need.
You can read more about pivot tables in Excel here.
Create pivot table in Excel
In the following we explain the individual steps to Creation of a pivot table using an example: In a company, the sales of various employees are to be evaluated. There are also Mr. A, B, D and F, as well as Ms. C and E. They served customers 1-7. The table shows the seller, sales and the respective branch.
The goal is to have a Create pivot table. It should be listed which seller made how much turnover. As detail it can be included how much turnover was made by which customer. In this example the specified branch is no further than information necessary. It is no longer displayed in the pivot table.
Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
quick start Guide
- Give your Values in an Excel spreadsheet a. Make sure that each column has a meaningful headline Has.
- To mark Now your table. Then click in the tab "begin" on "Format as a table"and choose one design out.
- If you have already marked your table in the previous step, all you need to do is click "OK". If you have already specified headings for the columns, leave the." hook at "Table has headings".
- Now select one Field outside of your table out. Then click on the tab "Insert"and then on"PivotTable".
- Enter under "Table / area:" "Table 1" one or to mark Your table. Then click on "OK".
- Put one on the right hook by your Base valueto fill the empty pivot table.
- Then put one hook at the value that depends on the base value is. This value is now automatically used for "values"set.
- You can do one more third dependency establish. To do this, the heading must be in the "columns"can be inserted.
- Now you can do one more Set filter, e.g. to hide the base value. Right click on the parameter to be hidden. Then click on "filter"and then on"Hide selected items".
- My phone is ruining my headphones
- What is advertising creativity
- How can you charge normal AA batteries
- How do we make libraries cool again?
- Are people a bubble
- Haiti has a Disney amusement park
- How is DNA isolated from cells
- What Businesses Approve Bad Credit
- What is maglev train
- What are the parameters of a budget
- What's your favorite vegan taco recipe
- Where is the IFB Tv Service Center
- What are the regimes of compressible fluids
- What does it really mean to have blue eyes
- How much does a car starter cost
- What was the shortest Disneyland ride
- Is laughter a social act
- What is Sharjah's zip code
- Who is the founder of Tumblr
- People buy more wicker furniture
- What services are provided by IT consultants
- Choosing combined defense services are very difficult
- What is used to measure the thickness
- What is the disadvantage of interdisciplinary research