Why would anyone buy the HTC 10?
Google in "final negotiations" with HTC
For the smartphone manufacturer HTC, which started as an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) more than 20 years ago, things are anything but rosy. The big players like Samsung, Apple and others have been bothering the company for years. The last top smartphones such as the current HTC U11 (test) and last year's HTC 10 were extremely good devices - but hardly anyone wanted to buy them, and apparently does not want them.
The publication of the current financial report again shows the dramatic state of the company: August was the worst month in 13 years, sales fell by 51.5 percent compared to the previous month and by 54.3 percent compared to August 2016.
It is questionable whether a new "killer smartphone" for HTC could bring long-term financial rescue. The spin-off of part of the company would be a possible option. Corresponding reports about the sale of the VR department have been in the room since the end of August. Given that this part of the company is doing better than the smartphone division, such a move would be unwise. Why should a company part with a healthy division?
"We want to become the innovation and design leader again"
The market shares are gone and the image is scratched. Now the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC wants to get back on the road to success - the new U models should help. In an exclusive interview with HORIZONT Online, DACH boss Eric Matthes explains the strategy.A China Times report from Taiwan could soon turn the tide for HTC. According to the newspaper, Google is in final negotiations with HTC. Google is considering two options: Either Google will position itself as a strategic partner of HTC, or HTC will be completely taken over. The VR department is not part of the negotiations.
Investing in HTC's smartphone division would not be entirely unselfish, after all, Google has been developing its own smartphones with its pixel division for some time. With the close partnership or the takeover, Google could fall back on the expertise, patents and resources of HTC.
Incidentally, the first two Pixel models were created with HTC last year. This year, the Taiwanese are responsible for at least one of the smartphones, although it is rumored that a pressure-sensitive frame like the HTC U11 will be found in both. The second model is to be built by LG.
Focus on digital marketing
By the way, HTC and Google have a long history: The first Android device was the HTC Dream, which was sold in Germany as the T-Mobile G1. The first smartphone from Google's Nexus family, the Nexus One, also came from the Taiwanese.
This post first appeared on t3n.de
- Oil drilling is bad
- What is the BODMAS rule in math
- What is unidirectional tension
- What is a good free SERP checker
- Why don't the police guard the cells?
- How to learn Spanish native speakers conjugation
- Can someone who lacks conscientiousness change his personality?
- Is Eminem back in the Illuminati
- Who are the main actors in Brexit?
- Buddha was perfect after attaining enlightenment
- How to use their willpower
- Who invented tea?
- What government role do aerospace engineers have?
- What are not musical sounds
- Is French broken in Haitian Creole
- Are Zen Oh and Goku friends
- What is 50 of 4
- What do you know about Hiawatha
- How many siblings does Leah Remini have
- Have you offered a hiring bonus? Why
- Who are your favorite top 3 intellectuals
- Does vital sleep really stop snoring?
- How light sticks shine
- How much does a parakeet weigh