How the lathe works
When I read Wolfgang's question, I was still thinking how the hell should I describe it. I have nothing to add to your remarks.
congratulations on your tool access. Which brand? With feed?
Is the machine still set up?
With a lathe, tolerances of a few hundredths can be generated. The lathe bed must therefore be perfectly aligned. Similar to the 5-cut method, you can check whether a cone or cylinder is created when turning a long workpiece. Depending on the result, the suspension of the lathe bed can be adjusted. A precision spirit level specially designed for this purpose also helps.
Turning and woodturning have little in common. It starts with the fact that the turning tool is not guided by hand during metalworking. A lathe chisel is defined by three angles. The cutting, wedge and clearance angles add up to 90 °. When turning, you can influence the chip production by changing the angle of the chisel. When turning you have to grind and clamp the chisel exactly.
As a rule, metal has a homogeneous structure, wood is of different hardness (annual rings / grain).
and so on ...
You should look for a course or help. You will make rapid progress, especially with the first steps. Once you have understood the basics and operation of the machine, you can work out the next steps yourself.
If you have a special problem, I'll be happy to help you.
- How do I find hotels in Ankara
- What is the FIFA Confederation Cup
- Why can't people see that I've changed
- Is Taekwondo effective in MMA and UFC
- What are the best international SEO tips
- Where can I find my saved videos
- Artificial intelligence can match a human brain
- What are the ethical business ventures
- What are interviewers looking for for Cornell admissions
- Stripe charges transaction fees
- What does the term Khau Galli mean
- Cheap dmca ignores hosting 2018
- What is the future of genetic algorithms
- There is such a thing as perfect murder
- Where is the Pioneer Academy
- What is the main purpose of Linux
- What is Kim Kardashian's annual income
- Hate being an Airbnb host
- Pyranometer versus pyrheliometer
- What is a NOC in Telecommunications
- Who is your favorite member in the Trump cabinet
- How many people are dependent on agriculture
- What will happen to pharmaceutical stocks tomorrow
- How do programmers deal with exhaustion