What causes hemophilia
Causes: how does hemophilia develop?
Author: PD Dr. med. G. Tallen, created on: 01/10/2014, last changed: 04/01/2020
Hemophilia is a hereditary disease. It is not contagious. Hereditary diseases such as haemophilia are caused by altered genetic makeup (gene e). Such changes can arise spontaneously for reasons that are still unknown (new mutation). More often, however, in haemophilia, the diseased gene is passed on from the mother to the male offspring. Haemophilia fathers always pass the gene on to their daughters. However, women are usually clinically healthy or have only mild haemophilia. Why this is so is described in the Genetics section.
Almost all of our physical characteristics are passed on from parents to their offspring through gene pairs. For example, the properties of certain blood proteins (coagulation factors), which are essential for normal endogenous hemostasis (blood clotting).
Numerous such coagulation factors are involved in a kind of chain reaction in the process of normal hemostasis. The factors are marked with Roman numerals. So-called hemophilia A is a form of the disease in which one or more mutations are present in the genetic make-up for factor VIII. In hemophilia B, the gene for factor IX is affected (see "Forms of diseaseAs a result, the coagulation activity of factor VIII or factor IX is reduced or completely absent. As a result, if left untreated, those affected tend to bleed more spontaneously, for example after injuries or during surgery, than healthy people.
- How does legal outsourcing work
- Have you ever been classified as deceased?
- Where can I get a cPanel license?
- What's bigger than a king?
- What do people prefer hearts or thoughts
- How does Onavo make money
- Why is boron a good refractory material
- What is the ather
- Are the new Tolkien books worth reading
- Have you ever had an upper endoscopy?
- Who created Isockets two minute product video
- How would you define a mixed family
- There are crossdresser dating sites
- F1 cars are very easy to turn
- How do I carry an airsoft gun
- Is FaceID slower than TouchID
- Why do people share testimonies
- Who proposed Abdul Kalam as president
- Why do people take zopiclone tablets
- Does gastric band hypnosis work
- What is God doing in heaven
- Smartron srt phone is made in India
- How does forking at Ethereum work
- What is Rejuvena Cream