How would you describe the Byronic hero
Childe Harold's Pilgrimage , autobiographical poem in four songs by George Gordon, Lord Byron. Cantos I and II were published in 1812, Canto III in 1816 and Canto IV in 1818. Byron achieved his first poetic fame with the publication of the first two Cantos.
"Childe" is a medieval title used to describe a young nobleman who has not yet been knighted. Disenchanted with his aimless life devoted to the pursuit of pleasure, Childe Harold seeks diversion by embarking on a solitary pilgrimage to foreign lands. The first two chants describe his travels through Portugal, Spain, the Ionian Islands and Albania and end with a complaint about the occupation of Greece by the Ottoman Turks. In the third song, the pilgrim travels to Belgium, the Rhine Valley, the Alps and the Jura. On each leg of the journey, Byron recalls historical events and people like the philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Napoleon before the Battle of Waterloo. In the fourth song, the imaginary pilgrim is replaced by the poet himself, who speaks in the first person about Venice, Ferrara, Florence and Rome and the artists and heroes associated with these cities.
For Byron's literary audience, the work offered a poetic travelogue about picturesque countries and revived the prevailing moods of melancholy and disillusionment. The world-weary Childe Harold embodied the so-called Byronian hero and thus became one of the most famous types of the time. The work also expressed the inequality between romantic ideals and the realities of the world with an openness unparalleled in the literature of the time.
- How to create an internet advertisement
- What does an anthropologist do
- How is heat transmitted through drafts
- What was the first iPhone
- Can a Muslim marry a Djinn?
- Why do people compare PUBG and Fortnite
- Poop vampires
- Quora users make money
- What is Rails
- What is meant by a focus keyword
- How do I invest in Mattermark
- An ionic compound is created when
- What is your opinion on Ryzen processors
- What is the use of high bandwidth
- How do I find Harvard alumni
- What would Apple have done with Palm?
- Supports Motorola One Vision OTG
- Why is social democracy collapsing
- Would you love a woman with hirsutism?
- When did you learn to sing?
- Which company owns Facebook
- Examples of algorithms in programming
- What makes Stanford such a good school
- What does the FDA's orphan designation mean