What was the Elizabethan comedy characterized for?
William Shakespeare (1564-1616), English playwright and poet, is considered one of the most important writers in world literature. In addition, the great English poet was extremely productive and left a fascinating literary legacy: his 37 dramas (38 according to another count), the 154 sonnets and epic poems made him immortal.
William Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon in 1564. His exact date of birth is not known. Only his baptism date is known: April 26, 1564. He probably left Latin school at the age of 15. Instead of completing a university education, the English poet studied life: he became a reliable chronicler of his time.
The Elizabethan Age (1558-1603), in which Shakespeare was active, was one of the most interesting of modern times. It was marked by new beginnings and changes. Literature flourished; the theater offered tangible entertainment and was popular as a setting for all classes of the population.
At the age of 18, William Shakespeare married the eight-year-old farmer's daughter Anne Hathaway. The date of the wedding is not documented, but we do know from the appointment of the contest on November 27, 1582. The couple had three children together.
Shakespeare probably lived in London from 1590 without his family. He became a formative figure in the theater world there and soon held a leading role. In 1599 the Globe Theater was built in Bankside, an entertainment district in London. It was owned by a community of shareholders, including William Shakespeare. Many of the pieces listed there came from his pen. "Shakespeare's Globe" was probably the most successful venue of its time.
Shakespeare's most famous dramas include the tragedies Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, Hamlet, King Lear and Macbeth, as well as the comedies A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Merchant of Venice and Much Ado About Nothing «. The cycle of 154 sonnets occupies a prominent position among his lyrical works.
Shakespeare spent the last years of his life in Stratford-upon-Avon again. There he died on April 23, 1616 as a wealthy man.
- What is a continental glacier
- How many BMTC buses are there in Karnataka
- What does Eppa mean in Tamil
- What's your first guitar
- What things do smart people love
- Why don't you like football?
- What is Free Article Spinner
- Should the Glass Steagall Act be reintroduced
- Is olive oil perishable
- What's your worst marathon experience
- Which is the best space heater
- Why did Harry need Gillyweed
- Video games hurt children's lives
- How many Star Wars fans are there
- Which operating system controls a quantum computer
- What are the advantages of PHENIBUT
- How expensive was your Maldives trip
- Why are AV receivers so big
- Pakistan is more developed than Bangladesh
- How can you not be happy
- What does the Greek word aplotis mean
- 5 HTP causes weight loss
- What is the activation energy for diffusion
- What are the symptoms of grumbling appendicitis
- What is the best school for psychiatry
- How would you define empowerment
- Who pays flat-rate maintenance
- Why are criminals not afraid of jail
- What are the components that make a successful YouTube thumbnail
- How do you help someone
- How is nutritional research carried out in the field of public health
- Celebrate Muslims
- Can I make money with educational apps
- What is heat conduction