What are the different uses of poultry
Poultry: definition & classification
Poultry is the name given to all bird species that are intended for human consumption and that are mostly kept as livestock. But it also includes game birds.
Classification of poultry
There are several ways to classify poultry. The most common criteria are presented below:
Classification according to habitat
Chicken birds (Galliformes):
Chicken, pheasant, guinea fowl, turkey, quail
Duck birds (Anseriformes):
Pigeon birds (Columbiformes):
Classification according to fat content
Classification according to legal categories
- Poultry meat
- slaughtered poultry
- Poultry parts
All 5 categories can be obtained in three different grades (A / B / C). The difference between the quality classes lies in the fat coverage, the meat distribution, the color, the sensory properties, etc.
Classification according to quality class
Classification according to the state of the offer
1. fresh and chilled (2-4 ° C) for a maximum of 5 days
2. Frozen (-12 ° C) up to 4 months
3. Can be frozen (-18 ° C) for up to 10 months
Since most bird species hardly differ in terms of their anatomy, the subdivision or cutting of poultry of all kinds is largely identical.
The chest or flight muscles make up about 25 to 35 percent of the total weight. It is divided into the larger outer fillet and the much smaller, more tender inner fillet. The breast is particularly lean and tends to dry out if cooked for a long time.
Club, thigh, mallet
The leg contains numerous smaller muscles that are separated from one another by thin layers of fat. It is more aromatic than the breast, partly darker in color, and can be cooked longer. For larger poultry, thighs and lower legs are also offered separately, boneless chicken thighs as "chicken steak".
The wings contain very little meat; it is similar to that of the clubs. They are offered as part of the poultry meat. Grilled or roasted chicken wings are particularly popular as snacks in American cuisine.
In contrast to mammals, the back of poultry hardly contains any meat. It is suitable for boiling poultry broth and is also part of the poultry meal.
The Pfaffenschnittchen lie in pairs at the level of the legs next to the spine. Their meat is considered to be of particularly high quality.
The rump consists essentially of fat and glandular tissue. The secretion is used by the birds to care for their plumage. From a culinary point of view, the rump is worthless, it is sometimes recommended to remove it before preparing whole animals, as the rump gland can have an unpleasant, tranquil taste.
Neck (not pictured)
The neck contains little meat around the spine, which is long-grained, dark and aromatic. It belongs to the little poultry. Traditionally, the skin of the goose neck is used as a shell to make a kind of cooked sausage from cooked goose pills.
Notes on the picture
1) breast, a outer fillet (pectoralis), b inner fillet (supracoracoid)
2) leg, a thigh, b lower leg
[Article taken from Wikipedia]
You have probably landed on this specialist page of www.g-wie-gastro.de by entering one of the following terms: kitchen, specialist kitchen, gastronomy, hospitality, restaurant, kitchen gastro, f & b area, kitchen area, gastro, specialist kitchen, gastronomic to know, to know to cook, to know the kitchen, to be a specialist in the kitchen, manual of the art of cooking, expertise in gastronomy, hard skills in the hospitality industry, gastronomic expertise, poultry, expertise in the kitchen, domestic poultry, categorization of poultry, fatty poultry, lean poultry, wild poultry, domestic poultry or poultry, feathered fowl similar term. I hope you have found what you are looking for. I am always grateful for suggestions and look forward to your feedback.
Article recommendations on the topic
- Poultry: definition & classification
Poultry is the term used to describe all bird species that are intended for human consumption and that are mostly kept as farm animals. But it also includes game birds ...
- Poultry: chickens / Bresse / Label rouge
The chicken is certainly the most important fowl. Here you will find extensive information ... on preparation, sales names, Bresse chickens and much more ...
- Poultry: geese & other domestic poultry
Geese belong to domestic poultry, fat poultry and duck birds, depending on the classification criterion. They have darker meat than the other types of domestic fowl. Geese are mainly eaten seasonally around Christmas ...
- Poultry: wild fowl (game birds)
In general, game birds include pheasant, quail, partridge, wild goose, wild duck and wild pigeon. Nowadays, wild fowl is often first reared in stables like domestic fowl and then released into the wild ...
- Top 10 Colleges for Commerce in Mumbai
- Are gold fronts healthy for your teeth?
- What are the best Pinterest analytics tools
- Atoms disintegrate at absolute zero temperature
- Would you ever call your child ugly
- Is there an instant drying graphene glue?
- Can we come by train without tickets?
- Does cramming work
- Will Ebola evolve to set off a pandemic?
- When did Galileo invent the thermometer?
- How does 0 decibels sound
- Is there an insurance for crowdfunding supporters?
- Will he ever love me like he did before
- How do I become a movie lover
- Psychopaths Sociopaths, what is your religion
- Why isn't dental in Canada free?
- Where is oil useless
- Can learning Ruby on Rails help me
- What is a mysogynistic man
- Why we judge people educationally
- What if Gohan wanted to fight
- What do Eastern Europeans think of Scotland?
- What is your opinion on SailfishOS
- How does Onavo make money