What are some tips for cooking shrimp
How do you cook prawns?
Use prawns in the kitchen
The popular crustaceans with the thin shell - come very differently in the local offer: raw, cooked, frozen, with head, without head, with shell or peeled.
It is important that when you buy shrimp you buy animals that have not been bred with chemicals and antibiotics. The prawns should have lived in clean waters and come from sustainable breeding. Shrimp from organic breeding are less contaminated than shrimp from conventional aquatic breeding (culture).
Fresh prawns are not long-lasting and must processed within 24 hours become.
Frozen prawns could you two months store, provided they have been properly vacuumed. So that the quality is retained, you let them thaw slowly. Preferably in the refrigerator overnight.
No matter how you prepare your prawns, it is important that you prepare them before cooking Rinse well under cold water. Then dry them with a paper towel and let them reach room temperature.
Fill a pan with water and salt.
Bring the water to a boil.
Add the prawns to the sparkling water. Make sure they are completely covered with water. Turn back to medium heat.
When the prawns are cooked, pour off the water and either serve hot or let them cool down for further processing.
How long do I have to cook prawns?
That depends on the size of the shrimp. When they turn a pale pink color, they are ready. That can between three and six minutes last.
Peel the prawns
If you bought the shellfish with the shell, it is advisable to cook or fry them with the shell right away. Because that helps to preserve the aroma. In addition, peeling prawns that have already been cooked is easier.
This is how you do it:
First cut off the legs.
Then you open the shell at the bottom and pull out the meat.
Before serving, the prawns are freed from the intestines. This is the black "thread" that becomes visible through a cut along the back. Use a sharp knife to do this.
Marinate the prawns
Especially when frying prawns or preparing them on the grill, it is advisable to soak them in a fine marinade for a few hours. To do this, marinate the prawns with their shell in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
In addition to salt and pepper, the following ingredients go especially well with prawns:
Lemon or lime juice
Coriander or flat-leaf parsley
Olive or sesame oil
Here is the recipe for a marinade for a prawn grill skewer
Grill the prawns
If you use raw, peeled prawns, after preparation you can stick them on a wooden skewer, brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Or you let them steep in a marinade. Then you put them on the hot grill and grill the skewers for three to four minutes on each side. The prawns turn reddish in color when they are cooked.
Fry the prawns
Similar to the grill, you can prepare the prawns in the pan. However, they do not have to be impaled here. But make sure that they lie nicely next to each other in the pan so that they are really evenly seared. Fry on each side until they turn reddish in color. In this way, not only peeled animals, but also Prepare the prawns in the bowl.
Which prawns fit in which dishes?
There are around 3,000 different types of shrimp around the world. Depending on the dish, you choose the appropriate variety:
Raw, peeled prawns are ideal for soups, curries, nasi goreng or fried rice.
In a shrimp cocktail or in salads you can Prepare boiled prawns.
The black and white Black Tiger prawns are great for grilling. Here are the Prepared prawns with shell.
King prawns are usually fried or grilled with their heads and shell.
Rating: Ø 2.7 (70 votes)
- What topics do Shakespeare sonnets explore
- How is the night life in Westborough, MA
- Why is Google Assistant not on Samsung 7
- What is meant by observing gravitational waves
- Why is the Indian rupee not getting stronger?
- Is Anker a good power bank manufacturer
- Vinyl stickers can be used outdoors
- What does gas lighting do to you
- What caused the jukebox to go down
- What are some basic entrepreneurship issues
- How can you spot a fake crypto currency
- What is another name for the difference
- Have you seen how people beat animals?
- What is the solution to smog
- Why don't people like peppers
- What is the real meaning of blasphemy
- How do today's 3D glasses work
- Has Saitama ever tried to hit himself
- Why was Luxembourg founded?
- What is the ideal population for the Philippines
- How good are the internships at MUJ
- Dizziness is linked to trichotillomania
- Mark Zuckerberg is a criminal
- How to say spoon in Greek