Why will Cersei Kings Landing burn
"Game of Thrones", season 8, episode 4: circles are closing
After the battle is before the battle: In “The Last of the Starks”, old family ties are once again put to the test.
(Beware: spoilers! If you haven't seen episode 4, don't read any further now.)
No sooner have the dead of the great Battle of Winterfell been cremated, among them Ser Jorah and Beric Dondarrion, than the well-known bargaining for the Iron Throne starts again. At the funeral banquet, Daenerys seized the opportunity, unceremoniously appointed Gendry Lord of Storm’s End, the seat of the Baratheons, and secured an important ally. She will also be able to use it, because she has been denied the hoped-for recognition of the assembled Northmen as queen. Possibly also because she is a woman, but certainly because she is seen as a stranger.
Blood is thicker than water: This truth is put to a severe test when Jon Snow lets his supposed half-sisters Arya and Sansa reveal his origins from the increasingly spiritualized Bran - what does the man actually do himself? While Arya has some understanding of his loyalty conflict, Sansa is full of aversion to Daenerys and promptly reveals the news to Tyrion. The circle of confidants is growing so rapidly that Varys, who is always well informed about everything anyway, fears that the secret will no longer be one.
Varys and Tyrion on the secret council
In general, the bald royal advisor finally has a quiet but grand entrance again: Together with Tyrion, who is almost overly loyal, he secretly advises how things should go on with Daenerys and her aspired rule. After all, she increasingly shows signs of megalomania and increasingly destroys the image of the wise, benevolent ruler that she has painstakingly built up. Maybe it's just the authors' deception, but Daenerys has not been seen so vulnerable in a long time.
The mother dragon is also spurred on when, out of the blue, one of her scaled darlings, Rhaegal, is shot down and falls into the sea. For her part, Cersei was not idle during the battle against the undead and equipped both King’s Landing and Euron Greyjoy's ships with massive ballistae. So not only the kite goes swimming, but also half the fleet; in addition, Missandei is taken hostage.
The whole range of the format
The penultimate episode once again presents the full range of the “Game of Thrones” television format. From fighting scenes this time clearly recognizable in broad daylight to familiar soap operas (the gathering of the “last Starks” in Godswood) to the re-edition of Tyrion's drinking game, which this time derailed, there is a lot of familiar, once again varied, there. Oh yes, there is sex again: Jaime and Brienne are finally allowed to live out their long smoldering attraction before he leaves for the south.
Arya, too, is drawn there, once again together with the hound, after she has rejected Gendry's proposal of marriage with the admonition that she is not a lady. And Bronn shows up and at his crossbow reminds Tyrion of his promise to always pay him double what Tyrion's enemies paid him. So many a circle comes full circle before the perhaps not the largest, but final battle, as Daenerys says, is drawn.
The green eyes
The big adversary in this final dispute over rule in Westeros, Cersei, seems to be even more unpredictable and therefore more insurmountable than the Night King. “The Last of the Starks” no longer allows us to look into their cards, but merely points out what they can do. And that can be devastating once more. It is doubtful that an army alone can stop them.
With fan theories, it's like the famous haystack: With the sheer volume, there's always a needle somewhere that pricks. So the exciting thought circulates that Melisandre's saying in the third episode, "The Long Night", about the "brown, blue and green eyes" that Arya would close, was possibly even a solid prophecy: the pair of green eyes is ultimately still missing Smash report from the trained assassin. Now you can guess what color Cersei's eyes are. . .
- What does an empty black flag mean
- How is advertising misinformed
- Why do people interpret things as signs
- Where can I find the Facebook code base
- President Donald Trump is fluent in Czech
- How autoreclosers are applicable to circuit breakers
- Which data warehouse does Google use
- How many registrars are there in the US?
- Education is just a means of income
- What is a situation that you have completely misinterpreted
- How is the CISSP training with Simplilearn
- Who built the first acoustic guitar?
- How Shopify Store Owners Make Millions
- Are fullerenes C60 safe in face creams
- What are the three stages of autism
- Watch Girls in India Watch One Piece
- For whom does the economy work
- Has Angelina Jolie ever visited Paris France
- How much space is used
- How did Bitcoin get its first traction
- Which art area are you going to explore
- Abuse can happen in animal forums
- Mark Zuckerberg is a criminal
- Why is vaccination necessary for pets
- What is pushover analysis
- What flushes with farm animals
- What does an empty black flag mean
- Why did Hiro Mashima kill Juvia
- Will the Brexit be extended beyond October?
- Is life boring in Nlu
- What is the securitization of assets 1
- Which bank saves more profitably
- Can i deserve it
- What makes an ordinary differential equation ordinary