What is poaching food
toast with a bread roll
and at the same time
poach to the egg
The term poaching comes from the French vocabulary and means something like "even pull".
Poaching describes a gentle, low-fat cooking method in which sensitive foods such as eggs, fish, dumplings, fruit, vegetables or tender meat are cooked in liquid just below the boiling point at around 75-95 degrees until they are soft. The food is completely covered with the liquid.
The liquid should only simmer very gently. If it suddenly bubbled vigorously and cheerfully, the boiling point has been exceeded and there is a high risk that the food will be unnecessarily overcooked.
What is poaching in?
The liquid for poaching can be simple tap water as well as a vegetable broth, vinegar water, stock, stock, vegetable juice, fruit juice or wine - depending on the recipe.
If you want to be on the safe side when poaching, you can use a special simmer pot with a built-in temperature indicator. Otherwise, normal high pots or saucepans are also suitable for poaching. Basically, the size of the pot should be adapted to the amount of food to be cooked. Dumplings, for example, need a particularly wide pot, as they not only increase in size when cooked, but can also easily stick together in a pot that is too narrow.
Advantage of this cooking method:
When poached, food not only retains its shape and taste, but above all many of its valuable nutrients that would be lost during cooking.
WMF simmer pot with temperature display*
Pot size: 18 cm diameter
What does an asterisk after a link mean?*) This link is a so-called affiliate link. That means, the link leads you to one of my partner programs. If you order something there based on this link, I will receive a commission from my partner as a thank you for this product recommendation (advertising). Of course, this has no effect on the price for you. You support the maintenance, further expansion and maintenance of my website. Many Thanks :-)
Sources and further reading
0 comments on this article
- Which institute is best for NDA preparation
- Which phone should I buy under 10000
- What's the best way to motivate yourself
- What can education not teach?
- What were your impressions of a visit to Belarus
- Pentecostals are all the same
- What makes a person so fraudulently unreliable
- Maghrebis are the first people of Egypt
- What is a proof for the general theory of relativity
- What's the best hoodie under 40
- Why do some protists have enormous genomes?
- Why is the ocean important
- To what extent are some criminals human
- What can I do about fear of morning
- What are the 3 challenges in life
- Give something back to invalid functions
- What is a capillary
- What date was Christopher Columbus born?
- Are you still in Okinawa?
- Remote viewing is hard to learn
- What are some surprising mosquito repellants
- Broadway is the best acting training
- How much does a hydropower plant cost
- How do spoofing attacks occur