50mm is a wide angle lens
Content: You can find these tips here
Focal length comparison with the wide-angle lens
That's really how big the difference between 10, 18 and 24 mm focal length is
Well worth it Ultra wide angle lens? And how big are the differences between 10, 18 and 24 mm (on full format)? That's exactly what we tell you here in our Focal length comparison. We'll show you different focal lengths - starting with an incredible 10 mm up to 24 mm.
You will be amazed how big the differences between the different focal lengths really are. Have fun with our big one Wide angle comparison.
For whom is an (ultra) wide-angle lens worthwhile?
“I call it the beast,” a photography student once told me. The beast - he meant that Ultra wide angle lens. The extreme angle of view enables unique landscape shots (tips for unique landscape photos). However, you need a lot of practice if you want to take great pictures with the wide-angle lens.
With an ultra-wide-angle lens, you can bring seemingly unimportant details into the focus of the viewer and give the photo a completely new effect. Objects in the foreground appear huge, while imposing mountains suddenly appear very small in the background.
Just a few millimeters in the focal length make an immense difference. With the 24 mm focal length of a light wide-angle lens, you will never achieve such results as with an ultra-wide-angle lens with 14 mm, 12 mm or even 10 mm.
In the information here I always refer to that Full format like the Sony Alpha 7 series or the Canon 5 series.
10 mm focal length on full frame without fisheye effect? You read that right Canon and Sony offer “only” ultra-wide-angle lenses with a focal length of up to 11 and 12 mm for their full-frame cameras. Nikon photographers have to be content with the full format with a 14 mm focal length.
The Chinese manufacturer Laowa offers a 10-18 mm f / 4.5-5.6 10 mm ultra wide angle lens for Nikon Z and Sony E (full frame) with a huge angle of view of 130 °. Converted to an APS-C camera, this corresponds to a focal length of around 6 mm.
Only that is even more extreme Laowa 9 mm f / 5.6 FF RL (for Nikon Z, Sony E, Leica L / Panasonic L, Leica M) with an incredible 9 mm focal length on full format (without fisheye effect) and an angle of view of 135 °.
* Advertising link / images from the Amazon Product Advertising API
Focal length 10 mm
A focal length of 10 mm on the full frame is extreme. There are not very many motifs that can be staged really well with this focal length. But if you find such a photo motif, you are guaranteed to be rewarded with unique pictures.
Focal length 14mm
Focal length 15mm
Focal length 16mm
Focal length 17mm
Focal length 18mm
Focal length 19mm
Focal length 20mm
Focal length 21mm
Focal length 22mm
Focal length 23mm
Focal length 24mm
All focal lengths from 14mm to 24mm at a glance
Extreme differences in focal length
As you can see, the difference between 10, 14, 18 and 24 mm focal length on the full frame is huge. Anyone who works with such an extreme focal length should definitely look for a prominent foreground. Now, if you're wondering if you need to spend a small fortune on a wide-angle lens, I can put your mind at ease. The cheapest glasses for Canon, for example, start at a good 200 euros. Nikon only starts at around 700 euros.
But of course there are also third-party providers such as Sigma, Tamron and Tokina who have significantly cheaper lenses on offer. You can find an overview of the common wide-angle lenses here on our blog. If you still haven't had enough: We have put together recommendations for tripods, tripod heads, camera backpacks and filters here.
⭐ Subscribe to the newsletter and download the photo e-book
We'll show you most beautiful places in the world, take you on exciting outdoor adventures and bring your Photo skills on a new level. In addition, you will never miss the latest photo course dates and ours again Competition for all subscribers.
Our thank youAs a thank you, we are giving you our photo e-book "This is how you can create the perfect landscape photo". Here you can register for the newsletter free of charge.
Even more adventures on Instagram, Facebook and Co.Follow our travel blog on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Pinterest.
- How many books are in CPT
- What are some creative political fundraising ideas
- How is sport at IISER Kolkata
- Why does Crowdstar rock
- Which are the English songs
- Would you ever fund it again
- What is a basic book on software
- Why does the US support Israel so much
- Which IKEA mattress is the best
- What is the shortest definition of capitalism
- What is group discussion
- The English Wikipedia is full of crap
- Do antipsychotics permanently damage dopamine receptors
- How can I sell photos of animals
- Why do people hate homework
- Can religious schools be detrimental to India?
- What is the phi-phenomenon in psychology
- What are some common misconceptions about football
- How do you know when to move
- How does the past shape the present?
- What is f x 1 f x
- How much loss do casinos allow
- How do you overlay in Photoshop
- What does immigration mean
- What were Hercules powers
- How does the past shape the present?
- Was E mc 2 intuitive
- Sir Francis Drake was a pirate
- What was your most embarrassing hobby in your childhood
- Why was Gothic art created
- What are the most influential parenting blogs
- Are malloc and free thread safe
- What are the secrets of call centers
- How can I fly without a machine