What is PMMA plastic
PMMA is a transparent thermoplastic material that is obtained by polymerizing the monomer methymethacrylate. Due to its transparency, brilliance and scratch resistance, PMMA is often used as a light and shatterproof alternative to glass. PMMA is therefore often called Acrylic glass designated.
PMMA Compared to polycarbonate (PC), it has a higher transparency, better UV resistance and is also significantly more scratch-resistant.
PMMA was first manufactured in 1933 by the Rohm and Haas Company. Well-known trade names for PMMA are Altuglas, Plexiglas and Deacon.
Structural formula of PMMA.
The PMMA-Product range includes a wide range of PMMA grades for injection molding, extrusion and blow molding.
The main properties of PMMA are:
- Excellent optical properties.
- Highest transparency and brilliance of all plastics.
- High rigidity and dimensional stability.
- Hardness and highest scratch resistance of all plastics.
- Excellent resistance to weathering, UV radiation and aging.
The properties of PMMA can be specifically influenced by certain formulations and additives. The following properties are available in the range:
- Increased impact strength.
- Approvals for food contact.
- Suitability for medical applications.
- UV transmission.
- Improved chemical resistance.
- Resistance to gamma-ray sterilization.
- Matt surfaces and frost effect.
Due to the above properties it is PMMA the ideal material for versatile applications in the automotive industry, for lighting, in construction, as well as for cosmetic and medical applications.
PMMA is not only available as thermoplastic granulate, but also as a powder, the particles of which consist of small, partially cross-linked PMMA spheres.
Depending on the particle size, composition and degree of crosslinking, these can PMMA beads can be used for the following applications:
- Light scattering and matting agents.
- Additive for decorative effects in coatings.
- Why do we use in Splunk
- Why do people compare PUBG and Fortnite
- How do you learn from senior developers
- How safe is shark diving
- Is it mental illness to be happy?
- Cheo is a nickname for what
- Why is dengue fever considered contagious
- Why are we so afraid of failure
- Are there magnetic charges or not?
- Why should I study Urdu in India
- Why are you using Audible
- Will acquire Google Optimizely
- What are the symptoms of depressed animals
- How did Facebook become so successful
- The Canadian Quora is gone
- Does your company have a Facebook site?
- How can a person be psychologically disturbed
- Is industrialization responsible for water pollution?
- How important are internships in UX design
- ELI5 Can you explain the general theory of relativity
- How is Alibaba expanding outside of China
- Can I play Minecraft with my nephew?
- How tall is Cori Gauff
- What are most chocolate truffles made of?
- Who made the Embark product video
- What screams i'm a good driver
- What are some good cold soup recipes
- How much money are they going to take
- What is interior plaster
- What is mylar
- How many lakes does Alaska have
- What is the pronunciation of Prague
- How does alliteration work in a poem?
- What does a coworking space need