The FDA is currently overregulated
FDA guidelines for 3D printed medical products
The American FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has issued guidelines for 3D-printed medical devices. These are not yet binding, but could represent a first step towards the legal regulation of 3D-printed medical devices.
3D-printed medical devices are a very hot topic in medicine. It is therefore not surprising that the FDA is looking into the matter. In December became acomprehensive technical frameworkcreated. In other words, guidelines for manufacturers of medical devices, which they do not (yet) have to adhere to.
The guidelines are intended to help manufacturers bring innovations to market efficiently. However, the guidelines may also be a preparation for statutory regulations that manufacturers must adhere to.
The FDA is the main agency at the moment looking to regulate 3D printing
However, there are also concerns: Overregulation could mean that innovations in the field can no longer be implemented as quickly. The aim is to ensure patient safety while not slowing down the speed of innovation too much. The European Union is also working on similar guidelines (current status).
The concern related to overregulation is that it could stifle technological advancement. We need to assure the public is safe when using technology
The FDA has already assessed over 100 3D printed medical devices. The first 3D-printed drug was also successfully tested by the FDA.
- Who is considered local in Hawaii
- How pigeons survive in arctic temperatures
- How do I become satan
- Which guitar do you regret the most?
- How is KIIT for BTech
- How can I create a sample brochure
- What is the smallest spotting scope
- What is Martens Age Specific Fertility Rate
- How does Uber choose the closest driver
- Do you practice charity for strangers
- What is the root of all languages
- Alcohol is medicinal in masses
- Is tan infinite tan infinite
- What percentage of the IITian Crack IAS
- How do I develop an andorid app
- What is a house value
- What does it not really mean
- What makes you helpless
- Can a nihilst be solipsistic
- Is Messi better than Ronaldinho
- How the lathe works
- How does Hollywood use graphics
- Why do we purify our society
- What is logistic growth curve