Which RAM is the best
RAM for gaming: The best 16 GB DDR4 kits - Test 2021
How much RAM does my gaming PC need?
If you want to play, stream or work really fast with your PC, you should use at least 16GB of RAM. However, the selection is huge and confusing. Does it make sense to use RAM with 2133 MHz or rather 4000 MHz? How important are the timings? Which RAM looks the best for my system? We clarify these questions and tell you what to look out for when choosing the right memory.
The best 16 GB DDR4 kits
- 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver DDR4-4400 CL18
- 16GB (2x 8GB) Crucial Ballistix MAX RGB Black DDR4-4400 CL19
- 16GB (2x 8GB) Crucial Ballistix Black DDR4-3600 CL16
- 16GB (2x 8GB) Crucial Ballistix Black DDR4-3200 CL16
- 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill [Aegis] DDR4-3000 CL16
- 16GB Patriot Viper 4 DDR4-3000 CL16 red
Is 16 GB necessary for a gaming PC?
Yes and no, not absolutely necessary, but definitely useful. After all, the RAM hardly provides more FPS (frames per second) in games, but it can significantly reduce loading times. Especially with RAM with very sharp timings and high clocks, you can also notice a slight increase in performance in games. However, since this is usually in the single-digit percentage range, everyone has to decide for themselves whether the sometimes hefty surcharge for RAM modules with high clock rates and fast timings is worth it. Basically, you should use a dual RAM kit with at least 3000 MHz.
What are the different RAM designs?
RAM with higher clock rates above 2666 MHz are often equipped with a heat sink. These are sometimes available in very unusual designs and colors. But a number of RAMs are also equipped with trendy RGB lighting, which can even be set via software. Here your own taste and budget decide whether it should be a visually appealing RAM.
Is it necessary to buy RAM with very fast timings?
No, the surcharge is in no relation to the performance gained. If you take a DDR4-3200 RAM kit as an example, you can get such a kit with CL16 timings for just over 100 euros - with CL14 you pay a whopping 80 euros more for marginal additional performance, which is usually only visible in benchmarks . So keep your eyes open when buying memory.
How much clock should my RAM have at least?
If you want more performance, you should get RAM with a higher clock rate, but also make sure that the timings are not much higher. We recommend at least DDR4 with 3000 MHz or better. Important: Check in advance which maximum clock the existing mainboard supports!
16GB DDR4 kits: For the complete price comparison
- What's your worst baseball food experience
- Aired Game of Thrones season 7
- How to say spoon in Greek
- All Japanese know karate
- What is a single phase PWM inverter
- What is the best big family dog
- In which county is Chicago located
- What is the feeling of 40F temperature
- A canoe is considered a boat
- What are the disadvantages of closures
- How hot rowing competitions are
- What are the file formats for videos
- What is 2 6 5 4 0
- What is the stomata control mechanism
- When did raiders move to Oakland?
- Should I fail to text my ex?
- Why is boron a good refractory material
- Will Facebook Messenger ever replace a text message
- What if X 5 6
- Why do the Red Lobster restaurants fail
- How important are internships in UX design
- What is an integrated study
- What is HDPE pipe making machine
- Which camera took a black hole photo?