Is morality more important than attitude
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
Values and rules
This word comes from the Latin term "moralis" and translates as "relating to morals". Morals are the values and rules that are generally recognized in a society. When one says that someone acted “morally”, it is meant that he behaved in a way that people think is right and good.
How should one behave?
In everyday life, people keep asking themselves whether they are behaving morally: Am I fair to my fellow human beings? Am I not offending or hurting anyone? And they ask how they can act morally: How can I intervene when I notice that the weaker and defenseless are being bullied? What can I do to make people in poor countries better off? A simple answer to such questions cannot always be found.
There are commandments that prescribe moral behavior, for example: “You should not kill” or “You should not steal!” Without these commandments or laws, living together in a society is not very possible. For Jews and Christians, the "Ten Commandments" name the most important rules that people should observe.
Occasionally the term “morality” is also used to describe a good attitude. If an athlete shows a lot of commitment, one speaks of "fighting morale"; with soldiers you sometimes hear about the “good morale of the troops”.
By the way: A related term is "ethics", which we have also explained here in the lexicon.
FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions
(Frequently Asked Questions - this is the English translation of "frequently asked questions")
your further questions ...
We also take a break at the weekend in HanisauLand.
You can ask your questions here again next week!
- How can I integrate Teamcenter into NX
- What is meant by observing gravitational waves
- Could humanity still exist without clouds?
- What does a CPA do for you
- Is Anker a good power bank manufacturer
- How do movie fans use IMDb
- Is insurance a liability or an asset?
- How do you get free airline miles
- What's in the motherboard
- Can someone who lacks conscientiousness change his personality?
- How helpful are TED talks
- What are the components that make a successful YouTube thumbnail
- Is silica gel made from silicon
- What are some examples of organizational policy
- Biochemistry includes a lot of knowledge about chemistry
- Why does my computer restart randomly?
- What happened to anti-Semitism after the Holocaust
- What's the best film about wine
- Are you happy to be in a relationship
- What are three-phase electrical systems
- What is the toughest BTS choreography
- What is a limbic system
- Which is the best cell phone from Apple
- When did Rajesh Khanna die
- How did Bette Nesmith Graham die
- What are the branches of aeronautical engineering
- What is unidirectional tension
- Are dose and doesen homophones
- Will artificial intelligence take over photography?
- Examples of algorithms in programming
- Can i call my man darling
- How did the distortion begin?
- Do you think the death penalty is murder