What is the impact of the consumer revolution
Research current, 225, 31st year, 02.09.2010
"The customer is no longer king!"
Citizens are dissatisfied with services
Good service is the most important competitive factor in retail. However, many companies and service providers in Germany cannot offer this. Only one in four Germans (27%) believes that the saying “The customer is king” is still true today. This is the result of a current study by the BAT Foundation for Future Issues, in which a representative survey of 2,000 people aged 14 and over in Germany was interviewed.
Professor Dr. Ulrich Reinhardt sees two main reasons for the low service orientation: “With the growing prosperity of our society, the demands have also increased. What was not expected 20 years ago is almost taken for granted today. In addition, it should not be forgotten that the service sector is often poorly paid. The willingness and motivation of the employees to deal with the subject of 'service' under these circumstances and to present themselves in a friendly and courteous manner at all times falls by the wayside. "
The customer is no longer king
Citizens are dissatisfied with services
Out of every 100 respondents have the feeling that the sentence "The customer is king" still applies today:
|15 - 34 years||24|
|35 - 54 years||25|
|55 years and more||30|
"I will not accept that!"
Three quarters of Germans do not tolerate unfriendly staff
Dissatisfied customers are shown consistently: If they are served unfriendly or badly advised, the majority of Germans leave the shop (75%). Within the population, it is particularly the middle generation between the ages of 35 and 54 who walk (82%). For Reinhardt, these results are also socially determined: “In Germany it is common to perceive the negative rather than the positive. If the service is available to full satisfaction, this is seen as normal. If, on the other hand, something goes wrong, the consequences are quickly drawn or generalized. "
I will not accept that!
Three quarters of citizens do not accept bad service
Out of every 100 respondents leave the shop if they are served in an unfriendly manner:
|15 - 34 years||71|
|35 - 54 years||82|
|55 years and more||73|
Conclusion: in the future, the big ones won't take over the small ones,
but the friendly the unfriendly
The globalization of the economy has many positive effects for the consumer: The quality of comparable articles and goods hardly differs from one another, availability is guaranteed either immediately or within 24 hours at the latest, and prices are also largely transparent. Good service therefore often decides where the customer buys. The claim “I only do my job” will no longer be sufficient in any area with direct customer contact. The consumer expects service and attention, friendliness and competence. Knowing about these customer requests is important, and fulfilling them is crucial if you want to continue to greet satisfied customers and guests tomorrow.
- Which dictionary is used in Google Translate
- Are all types of cancer dangerous
- Where can I find free German comics
- What acid is present in blueberries
- Why is it called the dependency inversion principle
- How do protons attract?
- Who is the most papal rapper of all time
- Are there apprenticeships in Liberia
- What are some words to argue about
- Should all of Africa become one country
- How do we make libraries cool again?
- What if Kosovo disappears
- What is a good foreplay repertoire for percussion
- Why is Bob Dylan mumbling
- Is modern art especially for the elite
- What are the examples of ruminants
- Who designed the Svpply iOS app
- Why does BTS no longer exist
- Is Alexa a form of AI
- Dryness causes eye allergies
- How to cook a ham ankle
- How do you create MIDI files
- Who is the most powerful in genjutsu?
- What flushes with farm animals
- What is an open essay
- How do I close my Shopify account
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham accepts donations
- How do potholes form
- How is advertising misinformed
- How fast is the response time of a police force
- Can an asthma patient drink lemon juice
- What is your best singing voice
- Intermittent fasting is anti-aging