How did you pay for the flight training
Pay for your training [closed]
Pay for Training (PFT) is one bad thing . I'm specifically referring to operations where you pay to get initial airplane training and fly the correct seat. Yes, you not only pay for 121 initials (BAD!), But also for flying from the correct seat. The bottom line is that you take up a place the company should pay you for!
Part 121 pilots are in a constant battle for wages. Companies paint a picture that the only reason they suffer quarterly losses is because they overpay the flight crew. Bargaining capital must be used to combat this. These Job Pay (PFJ) operations harm our negotiating positions on wages, as do the pilots that emerge from these programs, some of whom claim are more likely to support concessions (after all, they fly for free!).
These types of programs are hard to combat because flying is more than a job for many people. It's a dream and a passion, and some of these people like to pay for the "privilege" of flying a 1900 beech from the right spot.
You asked about the advantages and disadvantages, so:
- You will learn an airplane and log some SIC and TT, maybe even turbines.
- They are helping to lower wages across the industry.
- They allow the company to avoid paying a wage to half of its pilots.
- You will likely have a stigma going up in the 121 world, at least at a regional level (FOs I've flown with were very reluctant to mention their previous operation when it happened to be [REDACTED]).
Don't go the PFJ route. When you find something that pays you a flight wage, build hours to get a regional seat. Once you have your commercial (and cfi) certificates, stop paying to fly. You will also find that once you are in the world, it may not be worth paying to expedite your way there.
- Data science dies in 2018
- Has anyone found a good virtual assistant
- What is the national currency of Laos
- How is the Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge
- Why didn't you join the Air Force
- Cisco ICND2 100 105 exam dumps
- How does von Neumann compare with Grothendieck?
- What is cardiac and pulmonary endurance
- How long do unopened Kalamata olives last
- What does your pride not allow?
- What are some alternatives to OmniFocus
- How can I start a running journey
- Is progressively equal to freebies
- Are people obsessed with celebrities
- Has The Rock ever used steroids
- American computers are being watched
- Why is boron a good refractory material
- What are petroleum products that are released during refining
- What are some class 12 toppers doing
- Are neural networks dependent on machine learning?
- How is MVC calculated
- Is a kidney transplant a permanent solution?
- Can cure EBC 46 cancer
- What is the use of jobs