What causes an INTP to become demotivated
Meditation helps relieve stress, but it makes you lose sight of your goals
More and more companies care about the physical as well as the mental health of their employees. That is why the modern world of work relies on flexible time models, spaces for the development of creativity and a good work-life balance - of course, everything in the interests of and for the benefit of the employees. The Big player on the market are leading the way: Tech companies such as Google, Facebook and Apple have turned their huge office complexes into true temples of wellness and leisure. The offer ranges from foosball tournaments during the lunch break to yoga classes in the afternoon to help people relax. The idea behind it: When employees are balanced and satisfied, they become more creative, more productive and can really get started in the company, which in turn is the basis for more growth and long-term profits.
Do stress reduction and relaxation lead to success?
The concept is gaining acceptance and so more and more companies are offering the learning of certain strategies with which one should be able to cope better with stress. The so-called mindfulness meditation, for example, is very popular, which, as the name suggests, is supposed to lead to more mindfulness in everyday life and is currently traded as the panacea for pretty much every problem that occurs in everyday life. In short, it is about developing the ability to devote yourself completely to the moment - as unbiased and unbiased as possible. This should help to stop running through life with blinkers, but to be more aware of the environment and your own thoughts again. In the management floors of well-known companies, people have recently been meditating for all they can. At least that's what we read in all managerial and business magazines. But is everything always true?
Apparently, meditation can also have a demotivating effect
In a current study, the psychologists Andrew Hafenbrack and Kathleen Vohs have now dealt more closely with the effects of mindfulness meditation, which has been experiencing media hype for years. The result is this: yes, meditation is really beneficial. Less stress, fewer sleep problems, greater job satisfaction - it has all been proven. But, and this is another interesting result of the investigation, over-relaxation apparently also reduces motivation. For example, when it comes to tackling tasks and challenges - regardless of whether they are pleasant or uncomfortable. It is all too often forgotten that even the most relaxed people need drive to achieve private or professional goals. The scientists conclude from this that a certain degree of dissatisfaction is sometimes necessary in order to finally face the upcoming tasks. There is something to the argument: Looking back, many of us were certainly once in a position to only have made an important decision out of a state of dissatisfaction or to have felt the urge to finally get things done.
Even if the researchers assume that the mindfulness meditation has partly demotivating effects, the overall result tends to speak in favor of this technique. Because little stress and a maximum of relaxation are in principle desirable for a healthy life. However, if you want to climb the career ladder quickly, meditation is probably not always suitable.
- What is meant by observing gravitational waves
- What is causing pain in your ear
- How is shungite water purified
- Ann Arbor Michigan is a polluted city
- What is Google's Project Loon
- Why is personal financial planning important
- What are three-phase electrical systems
- Is yoga and meditation overrated
- What are some stretching exercises
- Reality and consciousness are separate
- Medical honey helps heal burns
- How does Ingress
- What is a clinical covariate
- When did Kate Bush make it big?
- When does ISRO start with the recruitment?
- What does GT stand for in BMW
- Why is the liver a large organ?
- What does ahimsa actually mean?
- Why is coding important for software jobs
- What is interactive health
- What is your favorite instrument for wooden blowers
- Which Linux distribution are you using
- Have you ever dealt with spontaneous anger?
- Was Machiavelli's philosophy realistically correct
- Why did Harry need Gillyweed
- What is the full of SAARC
- How can I contact Robert Downey Jr.
- Why is India quasi federalism?
- How do people imagine God?
- subject closed
- What are entrepreneurial children
- How can we rewind the doomsday clock
- What is poaching food