What are the final frontiers of microbiology
Chances and Limits of Biotechnology
Norbert Frie Communication and public relations department
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Biotechnology offers great opportunities to reduce pollution and improve the quality of life for mankind. The latest developments in this important growth market will be presented at an international congress from October 22nd to 25th in Münster, which the Institute for Microbiology at the Westphalian Wilhelms University is organizing together with the Dutch company "Europoint".
The conference "Biotechnological Practice in the Non-Food Sector" aims to provide a platform for introducing the biotechnological production of chemicals and enzymes by plants and microorganisms. The focus is on both the possibilities and the restrictions in the use of biotechnological techniques. International companies, research institutes and interest groups will provide information on the latest technical achievements in this area. Around 150 participants from Germany and abroad are expected.
Prof. Dr. Alexander Steinbüchel, Director of the Institute for Microbiology, and Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Paul, Dean of the Department of Biology at the University of Münster, will open the congress on October 22nd in Münster Castle. One of the topics on the first day will be what the European community has to offer in terms of the development of biotechnology and how industry can benefit from it. On the second day, the potential of biotechnology within Europe and its role for sustainable economic development will be discussed. The third day of the congress focuses on the potential of genetic engineering and on genetically modified microorganisms. On the last day, the participating experts will also discuss the influence of agro-biotechnology on the chemical industry.
Note for journalists: You are cordially invited to participate in the congress. This applies particularly to the opening on Sunday, October 22nd, 2000 at 3:45 p.m. in the auditorium of the Münster castle.
Features of this press release:
Biology, information technology
Colorful science, scientific conferences
- What if the arms legislation were completely abolished?
- What is Michael Jordan's talent
- How to say eyes in Chinese
- How do investors influence a company?
- Why are YouTube videos getting longer and longer
- Are there apprenticeships in Liberia
- What are some fluids with the lowest conductivity
- What are some medicinal benefits of cannabis
- What Difference Augmented Reality Virtual Reality Examples
- Which engineer seems to be more attractive for girls
- What are the categories of developing countries
- What's the best way to motivate yourself
- Sound chip is a microprocessor
- What is the most overrated beer
- Which is Hollywood's first color film
- How are buildings useful?
- How do I create an online product
- What is the nature of oceanography
- Why are french fries fried twice
- Is the navy a dangerous branch?
- Have carbohydrates gluten free wraps
- What are the best jQuery slideshow plugins
- Why does Roger Sterling work
- What is the story of Amadeus