Is a diploma a good career choice
Studies and training to become an engineer
No other occupation today has such good prospects for a decent job as engineers. A few years ago it was different. Proof of the poor predictability of the job market and its future prospects. While engineers are now earning dream salaries again, years ago some of them still had to deal with looking for a job abroad or with unemployment years ago.
Today, a great many people rush into engineering training because the economy is crying out for you. One fact that every beginner should be aware of is the fact that this is of course always dependent on the economy. Basing your career choice on current market trends is therefore often the worst way to go.
In Germany there are around 320,000 people who have started studying engineering. Most of them in the fields of computer science, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. The Association of German Engineers assumes that there is enormous potential for the future, especially in the field of information technology and communication.
The proportion of women among the approximately 30,000 graduates each year is particularly low in Germany. The EU average is 22%, with Germany not even having 10% women engineers. But the economy has to see its own nose, because the proportion of engineers looking for work is very high at around 23%. Proof that women have worse chances here.
The salaries vary depending on the industry and area of activity. The starting salary is usually between 37,000 - 40,000 euros gross per year, with around 20,000 euros per year more being normal within a relatively short period of 6-8 years. A merit that puts other professions in the shade with their wages.
Training and further education to become an engineer
Nowadays in particular, more and more people are changing or saddling up, trying to get a permanent job with further training. Above all, manual and scientific professions are ideal prerequisites for this. The path, for example with distance learning, can be worthwhile if the diploma is achieved at the end.
Due to the national conversion of the courses to the European master and bachelor system, the diploma will no longer be awarded in the future. The diploma is roughly comparable to the master’s degree, but the study systems are structured very differently.
The switch to master’s and bachelor’s courses is almost complete. That is why the Dipl.-Ing. by no means old-fashioned, but it will belong to a species that is becoming extinct.
Under the respective links you will find further information on the different areas of engineering:
- How do I choose between CSE ECE
- Get local channels with Roku
- How deep is the abdominal aorta
- When does the inference fail?
- How is hardly a cell created
- Which is better cooler or alternating current
- Does Taehyung from BTS have a Juul
- How is my damaged skin restored
- What is a woman of substance
- How environmentally conscious are Mongolians
- Is the world metaphorical
- Which movie has the best VFX ever
- How is protein related to nucleic acid
- Is the UCLA area safe?
- Why are flower tattoos so popular
- How exciting is it to get your driver's license
- What should I give my friend
- Which tree has the most beautiful leaves?
- Why do some people love snakes
- Why do my fake friends hate me
- How does a plastic syringe work
- Where does Two Sigma Investments recruit
- Stress alone can cause fibromyalgia in men
- How many horses have 3 legs