Is it easy to sell on Shopify?
Sales boost through internationalization
Dealers who have already got off to a good start with Shopify in Germany or who do not want to restrict their sales area to the German market from the outset will find it with us Shopify a shop system that is perfect for international trade.
With its own interface for the Processing of foreign payments (“Shopify Payments”), controllable from Shopify Marketing channels like Google or Facebook Ads, one country-specific inventory management and numerous Third party apps, which facilitate international expansion, Shopify offers everything you need to get started in global online commerce.
With the Enterprise version "Shopify Plus"Established online retailers can also use so-called"Expansion Stores ” not only use Shopify in Germanbut sell in many countries at the same time and manage all sales activities centrally in the Shopify backend.
If you don't just want to sell via your own web or country shops, you should set up the magnalister interface for Shopify. This allows, for example, the international branches of the largest marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, OTTO, Etsy or Google Shopping to be connected to Shopify.
The app is even a real alternative to the Shopify “Expansion Stores” mentioned above, because it is one of the largest advantages is that dealer much less effort when connecting international shopping portals than when setting up country-specific or multilingual Shopify shops and at the same time their Group of buyers beyond the borders of Shopify Germany Add millions of new customers without your own marketing can.
Especially for international trade from a German Shopify shop, the plugin offers additional features such as the Access to the language packs and translations installed in Shopifyto break down language barriers from the outset. In addition, can Different tax rates per marketplace set and the price can direct in local currency of the respective marketplace. Likewise is the Individualization of sales prices possible per marketplace and target country.
Try magnalister for free
Do not only operate a Shopify shop in Germany: Every retailer should consider this when internationalizing
Disclaimer: We expressly point out that the information provided by us does not constitute legal advice. Even if we research the content carefully, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Even if globalization has never made it so easy to sell across national borders, there are retailers There are a few things to consider with internationalization. These are the main points:
- Choosing the right markets: If the products offered in the German Shopify shop are doing well, this does not automatically mean that there is also a market for them in other countries. Regardless of whether it is huge sales areas such as the USA or small regions such as French-speaking Switzerland - an analysis of each individual market is worthwhile to ensure that there is also a target group for the products. A good starting point for market research is Statista.
- Applying the correct tax rate: For this, dealers should plan enough time - or money for a good tax advisor. Because anyone who wants to sell internationally is confronted with various VAT regulations. On the one hand, different tax rates apply to the sale of physical and digital products, and on the other hand, a distinction must be made between whether they are sold in EU or non-EU countries. The VAT rate can vary between 19%, 7% and 0%.
- Calculation of shipping costs: Even if logistics service providers such as DHL, UPS or FedEx offer shipping of products worldwide, different shipping costs apply to the retailer per destination country. With DHL, for example, shipping costs are calculated using shipping zones. German Shopify retailers should therefore find out exactly what costs they will incur for shipping to certain countries for each product and take these into account in their price calculation. DHL offers its own web portal for calculating international shipping costs.
- Observe customs regulations: If you want to sell your products to non-EU countries, you should familiarize yourself with the customs regulations of the respective destination countries. Traders should therefore find out whether there are any export or import restrictions that apply to exports. When delivering abroad, it is just as important to enclose the correct documents, e.g. customs declarations. An export invoice should also be attached to the package in a clearly visible manner. You can find more information on the customs website.
Sale in foreign currency: Having merchants offering goods in the buyer's currency can be of great benefit. An American likes to buy products in US dollars, a British one in pounds. When selling in the local currency, however, the exchange rate also comes into play - which every retailer should follow closely on a regular basis. In most cases, payments in foreign currencies also incur fees on the part of the payment service provider, which are better factored into the product prices.
Why Shopify is the right choice for multilingual, international sales
Let's look at the company Shopify take a closer look. It was founded in 2006 by the German Tobias Lütke and the Canadian Scott Lake in Ottawa, Canada, and has been since then developed into one of the world's most successful shop systems. Because a Shopify shop Hosted, maintained and secured in the cloud and not locally at the dealer location-independent operation is guaranteed. In other words: Shopify has internationalization in its DNA. The team of over 2,000 employees thinks and acts globally - and that also benefits many Shopify Germany retailers.
Already with one of the Shopify entry-level versions (“Basic Shopify”, “Shopify”) can be first course for internationalization put. This includes the assignment of products to Sales zones. In this way, retailers can determine exactly which goods they want to offer for which countries.
With Shopify Payments, Shopify's pre-integrated payment interface, can also be opened with just a few clicks Offer country-specific payment methods. Also useful for internationalization: Shipping costs are automatically precalculated in Shopify for each destination country.
The Appearance of a German Shopify shop can also individualized for different languages become. If a visitor to the Shopify shop is not from Germany, the storefront is displayed in the appropriate language version based on his or her origin.
Dealers who major internationalization plans and would like to massively expand their sales area, are with the Enterprise version "Shopify Plus" best off. So-called "Expansion stores”Must be set up. Setting up these country stores is particularly easy and dealers enjoy numerous additional advantages:
- Expansion proposals: Shopify Plus automatically recognizes which products are in demand in which markets
- Worldwide fraud analysis: Informs merchants about the probability of fraud per order
- Tax automation: Automatically calculates the relevant country taxes
- Completely translated backend: Especially interesting for retailers who want to use a different language for managing the backend in Shopify instead of German or English
- Almost unlimited scalability: The cloud-based webshop grows with the internationalization of the retailer
- Third party integration: from merchandise management systems to fulfillment services and dropshipping
- Global network of experts: Access to the Shopify Plus partner network, which optimizes the webshop for the respective target countries
Internationalize a German Shopify shop and sell it on the largest online marketplaces
M.with just one Shopify shop to expand the international potential of buyers - and that with minimal set-up effort? With the magnalister app for Shopify Shopify retailers from Germany can order their products directly from the webshop sell on the largest national and international marketplaces. Among other things, the following foreign marketplaces can be connected:
- Amazon DE, AT, FR, ES, IT, UK, USA
- all eBay marketplaces worldwide
- Google Shopping (worldwide)
- Etsy (worldwide)
- Cdiscount (France)
- Rakuten Priceminister (France)
- Ricardo (Switzerland)
These are the core functions of magnalister: Products directly from the webshop Upload to the marketplaces and Sync prices, the Store inventory always on the current status hold, Order status changes such as “sent” or “canceled” to the shopping platforms as well as product variants and features via the Attribute matching compare with the marketplaces. over Hook points can be every single Marketplace connection also individualize.
30 days free trial
- Why are a woman's breasts obscene?
- Which institute is best for NDA preparation
- Which chakra is related to dehydration?
- Was Jimmy Carter too honest as President
- What are the consequences of a thought
- Can Entamoeba histolytica kill you
- How many non-Euclidean geometries exist
- What are Russians good at
- What are the three computer peripherals
- How would you become a high flyer?
- How do you feel about epigenetics
- North India is a failed nation
- What is the code for the idea
- What does a red circle mean
- MGTOW jargon What is a simp
- What are some positive things about being yourself
- How do I overcome my problem
- How do I install Microsoft Office
- Why is WordPress Recommended for New Developers
- Can covert narcissists be kind people
- Are sea lions dangerous
- Is olive oil perishable
- Indonesia uses Sharia law
- What is the area code for NYC
- Any easy to use video making software
- What is the radioactive element of hydrogen
- Better to name Saul overlapping Breaking Bad
- What are your favorite sting lyrics
- What is acupressure treatment
- What do autistic people think of SJWs
- Which came first Math or Reality
- What is used to measure the thickness
- What is the JEE Advanced 2017 cutoff
- Why can't fat people become stewardesses?