Why shouldn't I buy a Grand i10?
Hyundai i10: The opponents are constantly decreasing
Not a bad sight at all, one thinks on the first round of the new Hyundai i10, the design already fits, an impression that is confirmed inside. With all the hard plastic that is customary in the class due to budgetary constraints, at least not also polished with pork rind, the Koreans again demonstrate a sense of prettiness - for example by means of a silvery panel with a honeycomb embossing into which the ventilation and infotainment block are integrated or added. The panels behind the door openers are similarly honeycombed, but in the otherwise continuous hard plastic black.
Nevertheless, the material savings will not be enough, we may have the last generation of small cars powered by internal combustion engines in front of us. Because welcome to Absurdistan, the Brussels emissions regulations are currently planning the category of small (very) cars, and expensive exhaust aftertreatment can soon no longer be accommodated in the low-margin vehicle category.
So let's be happy as long as we can, and the i10 will do just fine. At 3.67 meters short (roughly the size of the 1-series Golf from 1974; it was 3.71 m long), the entry-level Korean can accommodate quite a bit. Not only does the trunk with a volume of 252 to 1050 liters (2: 1 separately foldable rear seat) fit in view of the dimensions, there is also no shortage of shelves and compartments for stowing everyday odds and ends.
This continues in content such as steering wheel heating (unusual in this class. However, the valance is only height adjustable) and a safety assistance package called Smart Sense, which includes an automatic emergency brake guard as well as automatic high and low beam as well as an active lane keeper and fatigue detector. If something does not fit with your valued attention, the Hyundai sends you to the springs or to the next host for a coffee.
Of course, the chapter on networking and mobile phone integration should not be missing today, here too the i10 has hardly any weaknesses, everything is included, everything is connected, including an inductive charger. What is already built into such a small car nowadays, amazing.
In practice, we noticed with the test car, an i10 Level 4 1.2 with five-speed gearshift, that it is better to slam the trunk door properly, otherwise - beep-beep-beep - you will have to leave the vehicle again and again Hands-on prompted.
The 1.2-liter four-cylinder with 84 hp is also the top engine, the alternative would be the 1.0-liter three-cylinder with 67 hp. Sure, both machines don't turn the i10 into the ultimate racing rolls, but nobody's going to ask for that anyway. We took over the brand new test car at 7.4 l / 100 km, with 7.1 we returned it. Once it has been retracted, it will certainly slide even further in the direction of the WLTP standard test value, which is a maximum of 5.8 liters.
Chassis, suspension, seats, handling - everything is done clean, measured by class standards, nothing leaves you with unanswered questions, the i10 is a friendly new addition, with which parking spaces can be found relatively easily in the city. But the i10 is no longer a price breaker like the Mitsubishi Space Star, which is almost the same size. The i10 starts at 11,490 euros, the 1.2 level 4 with manual gearbox comes to 17,390 euros, and our test car with extras finally added up to 18,830 euros. Small car, bigger price. But, as I said, there is an enormous amount in it. (Andreas Stockinger, March 27, 2020)
For further reading:
Note In terms of the editorial guidelines: Participation in international vehicle and technology presentations is largely based on invitations from automobile importers or manufacturers. These also make the test vehicles available for discussion here.
- Was FDR corrupt
- What are the trends in automation
- Are Nagercoil and Kanyakumari the same district
- What is an electrical load center
- Can masturbation stunt your growth?
- Science drives the world crazy
- Why is marriage always broken
- Why have many countries banned microspheres?
- How is the night life in Westborough, MA
- How to make Irish coffee
- How do I learn basic golf quickly
- What's New in Outsourcing the Transcription Business
- Is the French Finance Minister Emmanuel Macron gay?
- Cricket is an overrated game in India
- Who sang the song Sick Boy 2018
- What is the value of negative 1
- What does Kaifa Tamam
- How do genes control our body
- Kill a butterfly. Bad luck
- How do I achieve fitness without greatness
- How is wood anisotropic
- What are the demonstrative pronouns in Norwegian
- How many students study at the BHU
- What are some posture flaws
- Why don't we feel the earth twisting?
- What is a Knoevenagel reaction
- Is a trauma associated with physiology
- What is ion measurement
- Where do you fish in the UK
- What is the nature of a narcissist
- How's PGDBM from Pune University
- How is botox useful in anti-aging?
- What is the Ethereum Express coin