What made people settle in civilizations
“Diary of a thinking computer”: Richard Weiner's continuation of his novel about the tense relationships between humans and robots who are similar to them
2014 is the novel Riot of the thinking computers by the physicist Richard M. Weiner - a story about the future of artificial intelligence in a time when computers are becoming more and more similar to humans and humans to computers In the meantime, the author, who celebrated his 90th birthday in 2020, has written a sequel to the novel:
By chance, during excavations at a construction site in Marburg, traces of a past civilization on earth are found, which turn out to be the diary of a thinking computer that existed on earth a long time ago in a world populated by people and thinking computers. Initially, these two types of "thinking species" lived well together, but after an economic and political crisis affecting the human species, a conflict arose that caused the thinking computers to leave Earth and move to another planet. Here they developed a civilization similar to the one they knew from Earth. But after a while they were no longer satisfied with their new life, because they lacked coexistence with the human species that had contributed to their own creation. They returned to earth where they found humanity in deep crisis again.
Weiner's literary thought experiments on the relationships between people and "thinking robots" are a science fiction with retrospectives also on our present and its problems: natural and artificial intelligence, thinking and feeling, lifetime, productivity and happiness, science and religion, digitization processes, euthanasia, corruption, sexual abuse, Brexit, right-wing populism, refugee and corona crisis. And they are a game with very different times, in which past, present and future can often hardly be distinguished and which, among other things, differ. legitimized by Einstein's theory of relativity.
RECOMMEND THIS POST
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- What do festivals bring us
- What are a couple of good corporate deposits
- Why can't you fix your own Tesla
- Bill Wilson used LSD
- What do you expect from your lover
- What technology is only available in India
- What is cold start cold start
- Why are narcissistic partners so devious
- Why is North Carolina so boring
- Are gaming keyboards good for typing?
- How big is the whole universe 1
- Why is my Kindle DX not registering
- How is a birth date celebrated in Taiwan?
- Be comfortable with uncertainty
- Geology When does plate tectonics end?
- Automatic headlights are really useful
- Did Adolf Hitler actually hate the Jews?
- How do people imagine God?
- Is God male or female
- Is life a zero-sum game?
- What are the smartest animal adaptations
- Unstable angina is life threatening
- What is a reference head
- What smells like a cat or a dog