When is a fever dangerous?
When we have a fever, our immune system is at its best
If, in spite of everything, the fever doesn't go down - won't it eventually become dangerous? When should I see a doctor myself or with a febrile child?
That is an important question. Even if the fever itself is not dangerous, the underlying disease can be dangerous. It is therefore important that the caregiver is sensitive to certain warning signs that indicate that the patient is unable to cope with the infection.
Warning signs include neck stiffness or a bleeding rash: If I press the skin with my fingers in a normal rash, the skin becomes paler as soon as my finger is removed. But if I put my fingers on the rash and the rash remains dark red, then the vessels under the skin are affected. This is an absolute warning sign - for meningitis, for example.
Are there any other signs of a serious illness?
Another warning sign is when the person does not react normally, is completely apathetic, no longer responsive or even falls into a kind of coma. However, one must distinguish this condition from the feverish dreams that occur again and again in children.
Dehydration should also be taken seriously when the body no longer has enough fluids. If the mouth is completely dry and the skin is slack, if the child is lying in bed apathetically and powerless, then these are signs of insufficient fluid in the body and you should take the child to the doctor.
If the child is younger than 6 months, however, you should consult a doctor on the first day of fever. Very young children usually don't get high temperatures easily. And when they get this, it is a sign that they are dealing with something serious.
But parents can also rely on their feelings here. Interestingly, it has been shown in our research: If the parents themselves have a very bad feeling or even a feeling of panic or think that something is wrong at all - then they should see a doctor. And: You should contact your doctor by the third day of fever at the latest, even if there are no further warning signs.
- What is Windows Communication Foundation WCF
- What is a double crown
- How can NRIs buy Forex in India?
- Who was Deva and Asura Architect about?
- How do I get a Bitcoin address
- How safe is Bangladesh for foreign women
- Help Navy SEALs people
- How much workload is there in Amdocs
- Is there a center in politics
- When is a fever dangerous?
- How do proteins move in cells
- What does a voice-over actor do
- What should everyone know about teamwork
- Have you ever barely escaped death
- How much do Harvard students earn
- Have Muslims committed genocide
- How are statistics used in forex trading
- Which websites have coding problems for C.
- What are online courses for learning animation
- Are the people in Shreveport LA friendly
- What is a mysogynistic man
- Avoid your feelings
- Is the Nikon d3500 a great camera
- Dumbledore is really awful
- What is a conceptual framework
- What does asking mean
- How effective is lemon for dark circles?
- Why doesn't my ex miss me
- Why do people use FaceApp
- What are career opportunities for creative writers
- How is parliament and federal government the same
- How do I remove this glue
- How can I permanently cure bad breath
- How do I derive an implicit function