What is quark gluon
A fraction of a second after the Big Bang, no atoms existed, and therefore no matter as we know it. Instead, the elementary components of matter moved around freely - in addition to quarks, electrons and neutrinos, so-called gluons. In this episode of the podcast, Hannah Petersen from the Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies at the University of Frankfurt and the GSI Helmholtz Center for Heavy Ion Research tells what physicists have known so far about this quark-gluon plasma and how they are researching it.
The universe and all the matter it contains was formed 13.82 billion years ago. Most scientists agree on this. What is less clear is what happened after that.
Hannah Petersen: “What came after the Big Bang is still a big question. We don't know exactly what happened there. But we do know that a millionth of a second after the Big Bang, the universe was filled with a quark-gluon plasma. The big difference to today's universe was that it was extremely hot and extremely dense. "
At that time, no atoms existed, and therefore no matter as we know it. Instead, the elementary components of matter moved around freely, in addition to quarks, electrons and neutrinos, the so-called gluons. These elementary particles ensure the bond between two or more quarks - and are thus indirectly responsible for the attraction of protons and neutrons in an atomic nucleus. More on this in the 255th episode of our podcast.
- What is the voting method for the congressional district
- What's the best stabbing scene ever filmed
- How much does WiFi cost per month
- Why don't I have personal friends?
- Is love a technology
- What are Yul Brynner's best films
- How are ink cartridges recycled
- Did Jesus eat meat 1
- Which books are best suited for GATE geology
- Juggle a good workout
- How does human blood taste
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Review
- What are some helpful mental health websites
- Are Samsung smartphones dead or do they die?
- What does a dry socket look like
- What is the continuity equation
- How does Alibaba prevent counterfeiting
- Are mangoes unhealthy
- Owns BMW Land Rover
- Who started the Amazon fire
- How do I buy a used motorhome
- How do hooligans dress
- How could machine learning affect political campaigns?
- What functions has iOS copied from Android
- Are Wildcraft backpacks worth buying?
- What is the postal code of Agdangan
- Do we need a gender equality law?
- Why do lawyers wear wigs 2
- What are some tips for cooking shrimp
- Produce alpacas yarn
- Why is ice lighter than water 5
- Who do data scientists work with
- Who would win Broly against Vegeta?