What are homologous chromosomes
We deal with homologous chromosomes in this article. We will explain to you what is meant by homologous chromosomes and what they are used for. This article belongs to our field of biology or genetics.
Chromosomes are the carriers of the genetic make-up. They consist of a thread of DNA and proteins. During cell division, the chromosomes appear in their transport form and are shortened by their spiralization. As a result, the chromatin threads take on a clearly defined shape that can be recognized by light microscopy.Show:
Homologous Chromosome Explanation
The DNA thread of a single chromosome can be several inches long. The cell nucleus - in which the chromosomes are located - has a diameter of about 10 µm. A chromosome consists (before division) of two chromatids connected by a centromere. The following graphic shows the structure:
The term homologous chromosome refers to a chromosome that corresponds to another chromosome in terms of shape and sequence of genes. Each diploid cell has a set of homologous chromosomes - one from the father and one from the mother. Exceptions are the sex chromosomes of men, which are known as heterologous chromosomes. Homologous chromosomes can form pairs of chromosomes.
Who's OnlineWe have 330 guests online
- There are couples in mobile legends
- Which institute is best for NDA preparation
- What was the world's first WiFi camera
- What does Pang Wangle mean
- What is WIB
- What kind of company was Stark Enterprises
- What does the colloquial word chronic mean?
- What are the 5 basic emotions
- Most people feel uncomfortable on airplanes
- How are movie stars paid
- Was Machiavelli's philosophy realistically correct
- All song recommendations that aren't boring
- What was the first iPhone
- Oculus Rift is a bug
- How did you get your stigmata
- What are some cool facts about Estonia
- Can anyone criticize my writing about Quora?
- Why should I buy Mi TVs
- Which camera took a black hole photo?
- Oil drilling is bad
- What is 12x0 5x0 0 1 1
- Is Valhalla the Nordic version of heaven
- How Can Americans Avoid Double Medical Billing?
- What do simultaneous connections mean