What conditions can cause sinus congestion?
Sinusitis - breathe freely again
Various factors can cause the mucous membranes of the sinuses to become overused and become inflamed as a result. The causes are manifold. An unhealthy lifestyle with a lot of stress and malnutrition (lack of certain vitamins and vital substances) definitely has a certain influence. The remaining factors can be divided into 3 groups: pollutants from the air we breathe, inflammation or pathogens and anatomical peculiarities.
Pollutants that can strain the sensitive mucous membranes beyond the tolerable level include:
- Tobacco smoke
- Allergens, i.e. allergy-causing substances
- dry, conditioned air
- various drugs that damage the mucous membrane (e.g. long-term or prolonged use of decongestant nasal drops)
Inflammation For example, it can be caused by a dead or diseased tooth and infect the maxillary sinus.
Virusesthat cause a cold, and thus a runny nose, cause swelling. This can worsen the ventilation and humidification of the sinuses. As a result, the secretion is less able to drain off and thus provides the ideal breeding ground for bacteria, which then aggravate the inflammation of the mucous membranes of the sinuses.
Anatomical peculiaritiessuch as a crooked nasal septum, unfavorably shaped turbinates or possibly existing polyps can have a negative impact on the mucous membranes of the sinuses, as they impair ventilation.
When several of these factors come together, acute sinusitis can easily develop. Under unfavorable conditions, acute sinusitis can also develop into chronic sinusitis.
- How do people communicate like plants
- Who will win between Megatron and Doomsday
- Are professional ping pong players highly intelligent
- Are there magnetic charges or not?
- How are scales used when playing the banjo?
- How are minerals formed in metamorphic rocks
- What is an empirical work
- Is boring from being a musician
- Why are there no spirits of animals
- How does Safari compare to Chrome for iPhone
- Does the insurance cover the treatment of varicose veins?
- How do I crack the SSC exam 1
- What is special about Taurus women
- What is a mysogynistic man
- What is a bash alias
- How do I register with Pottermore
- Which ministers were killed by Sambhaji Maharaj
- Kejawen is a religion
- Who is your favorite guide and why
- What is a basic book on software
- What is a digital printer
- How did medieval battles usually take place?
- What is 50 of 140 00
- Where do I report military misconduct