What is virtualization management
Virtualization - definition
What is virtualization?
The term virtualization refers to an abstraction of physical IT resources. Components such as hardware, software, storage and network components are provided on a virtual level and can be used flexibly by different users. In this way, the utilization of IT resources is improved and the prerequisites for the cloud age are created.
Virtualization definition & benefits
In the course of virtualization, for example, a single physical computer is divided into several virtual computer systems.
Special software is used for this - called a hypervisor. It works, so to speak, like a digital privacy screen: By hiding access to all other users, the individual user has the feeling of being the only user of the physical resource, i.e. the hardware. The virtual computer systems, also called virtual machines, can even act as completely isolated software containers with the operating system and applications, completely independently of one another.
This has various advantages. Instead of using several servers each for different tasks, but only partially using their capacity, different tasks can be carried out via individual servers. The result is less physical IT resources, less energy, and less spending. The utilization of the available resources increases. In addition, virtual machines can be easily backed up and quickly restored in the event of a security problem. Therefore, virtualization is considered to be the most effective method for reducing IT expenses and increasing efficiency and agility.
Virtualization encompasses five main categories:
- Desktop virtualization
Centralized server delivers and manages several individualized, virtual desktops.
- Server virtualization
Multiple operating systems can run as virtual machines on a single physical server.
- Network virtualization
Network bandwidth is distributed across multiple channels that are assigned to different servers and devices
- Software virtualization
Separates software from hardware and the operating system.
- Storage virtualization
Combines multiple network storage resources together to create a single storage device that multiple users can access.
- Is 100 juice healthy
- Which app is best for understanding stock
- Which ecommerce website is the best in India
- How can I travel to Dhanushkodi
- Gametutorials is a good site
- Why did I get heartburn after anesthesia
- Will THQ Inc go bankrupt
- Why are saris very elegant and attractive
- Why did Harry need Gillyweed
- Mug photos are protected by copyright
- How are computers so difficult
- What is a self-excited DC generator
- Why did cowboys wear cowboy hats
- Which is the best preschool at Noida Expressway
- Can a foreigner join Hezbollah?
- How can I use the rupee symbol
- What is the main culture or intelligence
- What are some crazy facts about the earth
- What is a meeting building
- Why are illustrations important in UX design
- What is Valentino Syndrome
- Which phone should I buy under 10000
- Who has the best simple personal website
- Unstable angina is life threatening