One word is learned
Tips for learning new words
Learning new vocabulary can be difficult at times. Often you torment yourself for hours and try to memorize every word. Nevertheless, it happens that you forget the word again. Then you look helplessly for the right vocabulary while writing or speaking. This situation is uncomfortable and can be avoided. So that this doesn't happen anymore and you can keep the vocabulary in your head in the long term, there are learning strategies that help you learn new words. Here are a few useful tips that are easy to implement.
Learning articles with colors
When writing down new words, different colors should be used. Colors can be used to better memorize new content, e.g. B. the articles can thus be learned better. The German articles are not easy and one is often unsure which article is needed. Colors can help here. The masculine nouns are written in blue (der), the feminine in red (die) and the neutral nouns in green (das). So you can see the right article immediately and easily remember it. So one knows the article "who" has with the word name.
Always learn vocabulary with context
Memorizing long lists of vocabulary often does not lead to the best result. A list with two columns, in which the word is in the foreign language and in the other column in the mother tongue, often leads to problems. Sometimes words in one language have different meanings or the word does not exist in the mother tongue. It is therefore much more effective to write down a foreign vocabulary in a sentence, text or in a frequently used phrase (e.g. noun-verb compound). An example sentence is useful to understand how the word is used in the language. So you can quickly and easily see how this word can be used correctly.
Use of cards and pictures
The brain stores a word better when you have a picture in front of your eyes. If you study with cards, pictures can help you learn. A picture is printed or painted on one side of the card, the word is on the other side. You can also use the cards as a game, e.g. B. for memory, and thus learn together with a partner. Learning together is also much more fun!
Avoidance of translations
Translation into the mother tongue is not the most effective way. In order to understand a word better, it always helps to write examples of the word, especially for generic terms such as vehicles (e.g. car). Words with the same meaning (synonyms) are also good for expanding your vocabulary in order to get to know different variants of the same words. This increases the vocabulary and also makes writing better. So you have summarized on a piece of paper or card to which topic the word belongs and which alternatives there are.
Use new words
The more you use a word, the easier it is to learn that word. Reading alone is not enough to acquire vocabulary. Regular oral or written use is of great importance. As you learn new words, you should use them diligently - either in class or at home with friends. Talk to friends, use the new words when shopping or at the bakery, but it is important that you speak and write!
Frequent repetition of vocabulary is key to memory retention. If you don't repeat the new words regularly, you will quickly forget them. A so-called index card or apps that remind you that words that you have learned for a long time should be relearned can help. This gives you an overview of your current learning status.
More interesting posts
- Would buy Google Crowdstar
- Which subject should I take in engineering?
- How many For Dummies books are there?
- What sucks about being an empath
- Is a pellet gun a BB gun
- How does 2 2 1 2
- Can India be PunyaBhoomi for non-Hindus
- How does our brain remember memories
- How do I cure rosacea
- Who invented the theory of evolution
- Why are most weddings black tie events
- Why did Sadhguru Cauvery call
- Can I learn to draw on my own?
- Has Europe had hurricanes before?
- Why is social democracy collapsing
- What counts as a short essay
- What will America achieve in the 2020s
- How can I make my penis big?
- How do you treat hemolytic anemia
- Can Google Express beat Amazon
- Which picture best describes your village?
- What things make you mentally hesitate more?
- How can I become a food manager
- Why we use the ER diagram in the database
- Which word have you covered in red?
- Who is a professor
- How is Kung Fu in China
- Is sodium chloride NaCl or Na Cl
- Reading website content with Python
- Will God eat pizza
- Can be elemental mercury in gaseous form
- How does Akshay Kumar keep this body upright?
- What are the symptoms of Ligma
- Is Nevada better than California