Why are bubbles observed under the car door
Why does my door close faster when the window is open?
As the door approaches the door frame, it reaches a point where the door effectively closes the air in the room from the air outside the room for a moment. This only happens for a moment as most doors are not 100% airtight. If this happens when the door is closed further, the air in the room will be decompressed as the volume of the room increases as the door closes further but the amount of air in the room does not change as the room is briefly sealed from outside the Space. There is thus a difference in air pressure across the door, with the greater pressure coming from outside the room. This greater pressure slows the door down just before it closes.
On the other hand, when the window is open, air is let into the room, and although the volume of the room increases when the door is closed, the air pressure from outside the window pushes air into the room to keep the air pressure in the room about the same as outside. There is no air pressure differential across the door that does not slow down.
It is also possible that a fan or something inside the building could create a lower air pressure inside the building and thus a small flow of air from the window into the building that would push the door to close any of the above described more quickly a short seal of the room, reducing the volume of the "Slam!" is increased.
- What do settings mean in my iPhone
- Can an asthma patient drink lemon juice
- What would happen if diffusion occurs
- Are people unable to deal with emotions
- Can an overdose of citalopram kill you
- Who invented the first spaceship
- How are CFCs harmful?
- What is the basis of Gestalt psychology
- What activates the enterokinase
- How accurate are Google consumer surveys
- How is the Quora newsfeed sorted
- Why is Lord Vishnu called Vasavanuja
- How can a farmer earn more
- Where does change come from
- Can I eat Brie on keto?
- How to monetize a website
- What civilization invented the code
- How we can read human psychology
- How does fate turn overnight
- Which is a good side benefit
- How do people feel when reading
- What are great roast beef sandwich sides
- Is the Happy Birthday song still copyrighted
- You could sleep in a morgue