What are the books for TOEFL 2
This is the best way to prepare for the TOEFL
Part of every TOEFL preparation is taking practice tests. The TOEFL practice tests will familiarize you with the types of questions that appear in the TOEFL, as well as the rules for answering and the time limits for each type of question. There are five ways to practice for the TOEFL:
1. TOEFL tip: Official test collections
The company ETS, which offers the TOEFL, sells collections with practice tests including the offer of a correction on the same day. This is the closest thing you can get to the real test without registering for the TOEFL. If you can only afford to buy an official test suite once, do it at the end of your test preparation, just before you sign up to take the correct TOEFL. This way you get an almost authentic insight into the processes just before you do the right TOEFL. You will also receive an accurate score, which shows you what you can expect from the real test. If your score on the official practice test is not high enough, there is no reason to register for the TOEFL. You are just not ready yet.
2. TOEFL tip: preparation books
All TOEFL preparation books contain practice test questions and some even include complete practice tests. You will have to evaluate these tests yourself, but by seeing both the question and the answer you will better understand how the question should be answered. Although the TOEFL preparation books include writing and speaking assignments, it is unlikely that you will be able to properly assess your own writing and speaking skills. So these are mostly there to help you get a feel for the types of questions rather than an accurate estimate of what your TOEFL score would be.
3. TOEFL tip: practice tests online
Caution is advised here. There are numerous of them, and many of them are not at all like the proper TOEFL. I recommend that you don't waste a lot of time taking online practice tests from unofficial sources. Most of them don't prepare you for anything and the number of points you get has no relation to how you will do on the actual TOEFL.
There is one exception, however: The EF SET was created to the highest academic standards and with reference to the TOEFL. The test is free and takes 2 hours, giving you an accurate score that reflects your reading and listening skills according to the TOEFL. Speaking and writing are not tested, but this is a good test to check your progress from time to time in the other two test categories. Since the test is free and your score is saved, you can use it regularly as a self-assessment tool during your test preparation for the TOEFL.
4. TOEFL tip: preparatory courses
A large number of TOEFL preparation courses are available, both in your home country and abroad. Every TOEFL preparation course that is worth the money will include at least one practice test. Most offer more than one, including detailed corrections and feedback on how to do better. TOEFL prep courses can be expensive, but many students find this more effective than studying on their own. EF offers TOEFL preparation courses in many cities and countries.
5. TOEFL tip: Do the TOEFL
Many students don't even think about it, but you can sign up to do the TOEFL only on a practice basis if you know you won't get the number of points you need. You can do the TOEFL as often as you want (although there is a 2-week break between practice tests). No school or employer will know how badly you graduated 6 months ago unless you send them the score. It's a pretty expensive way to prepare for the TOEFL, but it's also the only reliable way to go. By doing the real TOEFL for practice, you not only get a score, but you also get to know the test atmosphere. Many students are surprised at how annoying it is to do the TOEFL in a crowded room in front of an unfamiliar computer. Having tried it out once is a great way to be prepared for the actual day of the test.
- How do they make branded grains
- Why is my girlfriend so unreasonable
- Who is at risk for teenage pregnancy
- Christian proselytizing is illegal in Israel
- Which is the best summer training option
- Why is the sky green sometimes
- What transcends religion
- What's the best logo ever made
- What is cardiac and pulmonary endurance
- Why can't every model be an electric car?
- Who discovered the Aglet
- How are honesty and truth connected?
- Why are narcissists often manic too?
- What's your secret for big lasagna
- How are polychromatic colors made
- Why are all Thanksgiving turkeys dry
- Why do teachers often use comic sans
- How long does a toner cartridge last
- Invest 75,000 per month in India
- What civilization invented the code
- Which health application is most effective
- Which is the largest cathedral in Florence
- How can I make eclairs
- Can MAMP be used for production databases
- Why does Madras become Chennai
- How is the environmental impact calculated
- Game developers debug a lot of code
- How do I sing the best alto
- What made the Gameboy so popular
- What does God think of other gods?
- Can nominated members become ministers immediately
- What is the least penetrating radiation
- How to say resist in Arabic