What is half of 8 8 1
Reading time: 4 min
With the help of fractions you can Proportions of sizes be calculated. The simplest example is "Calculate half of ...". To do this, you can divide by or multiply by. But why does it work?
Let's take an example task:
"Calculate half of."
We could just divide now:
But instead of the division we can also do one Multiplication by a fraction perform as follows:
We learned that this conversion is allowed by dividing fractions.
We see here that can be replaced with.
In the following, let's calculate a few examples in which we create fractions with fractions.
Example: (1/8) of 1000 kg
You are asked for 1 out of 8 “parts” of the whole of the same size. Our "whole" are those.
Without the fractions, we could do the division directly:.
With the help of the fraction calculation:
Example: (3/8) of 100 m
You are asked for 3 of 8 “parts” of a whole of the same size. Our "whole" are those.
Without the fractions, we could do the division directly:. That is 1 part of 8 parts. However, you will be asked for 3 parts, therefore:.
This is faster with the help of fractions:
Example: (3/20) of 1 hour
You are asked for 3 of 20 “parts” of one hour of the same size.
We solve this with the help of fractions:
Now we can convert the hours to minutes:
Solution: hours correspond to minutes.
- Did Mamluk sultans wear golden masks
- Why is SoftBank crazy about startups
- What are some good dissertation tips
- Which depends on the current or voltage
- How do investors influence a company?
- Why is the number 7 available everywhere
- What do you think of Sony phones
- Godaddy accepts offers for domains
- OnePlus is still selling the OnePlus 5
- Where do you take the prince2 exam online?
- What is electrical displacement current
- Is implicit learning correlated with IQ
- What's the song of Frosted Flakes
- Who is hosting Jeopardy now
- Who are Sequoias LPs
- How did Germany recover from World War II
- Why should wheat flour be refrigerated?
- What do you use to make art
- What is your drawing process
- How are moral values experienced subjectively?
- How do I get AdSense in Blogger
- Is the price of Home Depot USA the same as that of Amazon
- What is the origin of plasmodium
- What is the best business for entrepreneurship