Why should the police station have gates?
Doors of the prison cell in the Ahaus police station
Very robust against “mechanical influences”, can be locked quickly, with a hatch and the possibility of being able to look into the entire cell from the outside - the requirement profile for a cell door is quite complex. The newly built police station in Ahaus (North Rhine-Westphalia) shows how such high demands are met. Since the summer of 2014, the 40,000-strong community of Ahaus on the German-Dutch border has had a new police station. The three-story clinker brick building is not only the official headquarters, but also houses holding cells - and thus rooms that do not place everyday demands on the doors: First of all, the components have to be extremely robust. This is why the fittings are made of durable stainless steel. A safety chain serves as protection against sudden burping, and a quick-release fastener with a sliding bolt is also part of the equipment. This ensures that the cell can be locked again as quickly as possible if the inmate tries to break out. The doors are opened and closed using a knob.
It is also important to be able to look into the cell. Instead of elaborate video technology, a spy is integrated into the door leaf in Ahaus. The guards have a 175-degree view of the cells. The “communication flap” is intended for cases in which the door should not be opened at all and the detained person still needs to be looked after: it opens 90 degrees. In this way, something can also be placed on the flap (e.g. a tray with medicines). The flush installation prevents injuries (on both sides). But security is not only required for the cells. In the case of a police station, it is in the nature of things that particularly sensitive tracts with a high level of security are to be protected from unauthorized access. This includes access to the cell wing. Security doors of resistance class RC 3 are used in Ahaus. The passage is designed as a lock, electric door openers release the individual doors step by step. This means that this part of the station can hardly be overcome - if it is not allowed.
- How is Shimla doing for an asthmatic child
- How is cotton made 1
- Is understanding similar to Palantir
- How was Barbados named
- Chevrolet cars are named after a person
- What caused the Battle of Artemisium
- Should Apple be privatized
- What can ENFPs do to grow
- What is an adult female tyrant
- Why do people become atheists and pious
- Who defeated Hannibal in Carthage
- Pay websites for troubleshooting
- Why was Operation Overlord scheduled for June?
- What if the US loses with Iran
- Reply to comments on Quora
- How can I make money writing poetry
- Who is the founder of the Igbo
- What happened to Katy Perry
- Eating ladybug apple
- Will the Overwatch League expand into Europe
- Is a strong leadership that makes Kashmir independent
- Has a congressman ever been charged
- The universe works as a cell
- What is drama fiction or not