What is McDonald's Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
Seasonal vegetables go fast food: McDonald's presents the Big Asparagus Hollandaise!
McDonald's presents new, seasonal burgers
McDonald's has a new burger in its range. The "Big Asparagus Hollandaise" has been on the menu since May 6th. Die-hard burger fans might wonder what the seasonal vegetables are doing on a burger. But the fast food chain is serious. How does the new burger taste? RTL reporter Madeline Zilch tried it. The result is in the video.
What is the Big Asparagus Hollandaise made of?
The new burger consists of a beef patty, cheddar cheese, lettuce and bacon. The burger is topped with asparagus tips and hollandaise sauce. Can that taste good? Opinions differ greatly, as demonstrated by the comments on McDonald's Facebook page. From "That's just perverse." until "I fluctuate between 'Let it go' and 'I have to try it', all opinions are represented.
The Big Asparagus Hollandaise is definitely a matter of taste
Asparagus with a difference: two unusual recipes
And if you are now in the mood for asparagus, we will reveal two simple, yet unusual recipes for these delicious vegetables.
Ingredients for four people:
- 500 g fresh asparagus (white)
- 250 g Gouda (sliced)
- 250 g cooked ham
- 2 eggs (size M)
- 100 g of flour
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
Peel the asparagus.
Then cook the asparagus in salted water until it is firm to the bite.
Now wrap three stalks of asparagus - depending on your taste - in a slice of ham and / or cheese. Fix this with a toothpick.
Then roll the small asparagus packets in flour.
Whisk the eggs and turn the wrapped asparagus spears in them.
Then roll the asparagus packets in the breadcrumbs and fry them in a pan with the heated rapeseed oil until they are crispy.
Reading tip: This is how you can tell that the asparagus is fresh: You have to pay attention to this when buying asparagus
Asparagus ragout with cherry tomatoes from the oven
Ingredients for four people:
- 500 g green asparagus
- 3 onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 500 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 150 times white wine (dry)
- 200 ml of cream
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 lemon
- 750 grams of ribbon pasta or tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- some salt, pepper and basil
- Wash the asparagus. If the asparagus spears are relatively thin, you don't need to peel them. Cut off the ends in case they are woody.
- Cook the asparagus in salted water until it is firm to the bite.
- Save about 200 ml of the asparagus water.
- Now cut each asparagus spear into about 5 pieces.
- Now cook the pasta in salted water.
- Peel and cut the onions and fry them in a little oil. Douse them with the white wine and add the asparagus water.
- After about 5-8 minutes, add the cream and let everything simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Then stir in the creme fraîche and beat everything with a hand blender.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Then season the sauce to taste with brown sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Cook everything together with the green asparagus.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and put them in a baking dish.
- Cut the tomatoes in a cross shape at the top and season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Brush them with a little olive oil and lard them with the cloves of garlic.
- Put tomatoes in the oven at around 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve the pasta with the asparagus ragout and the grilled cherry tomatoes.
Reading tip: These are the most common mistakes when cooking asparagus
Two great burger recipes - sometimes with and sometimes without meat
Do you prefer burgers? No problem. Then you should try these two recipes:
Ingredients for 4 burgers:
- 1 romaine lettuce heart
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 small red onions
- 4 pickles
- 1000 g ground beef
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- Ingredients for the cocktail sauce:
- 300 g tomato ketchup
- 300 g salad mayonnaise
- 6 teaspoons of sweet mustard
- some orange zest
- 2 teaspoons of orange juice
- 2 drops of Worcester sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika powder
- For the cocktail sauce, mix well the ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, orange zest, orange juice, Worcester sauce and both types of paprika powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Clean the romaine lettuce for the burger. Peel off the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices across the stalk and the onions into thin rings. Cut the cucumber lengthways into slices.
- Shape the unseasoned minced meat into 4 patties. It is best to oil the work surface a little so that the patties do not stick.
- Fry the patties in a hot pan in 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium to high heat for about 4 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Take out and let rest briefly on a plate.
- Halve the bread roll horizontally, drizzle the cut surfaces with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, roast the cut surface until golden brown in a grill pan or pan. Remove from the pan and brush with the cocktail sauce.
- Place the lower buns on a plate. Spread the lettuce leaves on top, cover with cucumber slices, patties, onions and tomato slices.
- Now place the top halves of the bun on top.
Reading tip: We reveal the notorious recipe: This is how you make McDonald's Big Mac sauce yourself
And if you want to do without meat, but not a burger, here is another great recipe for a vegan burger.
- What is the pharmaceutical use of fentanyl
- What kind of cancer causes belt rose
- Are there LGBTQ gun rights groups
- How can I edit free software
- What is cloud consulting
- Did you get a dog
- How cold is Japan
- What are forced narration in Netflix
- How do I study philosophy practically
- A refurbished computer is a good buy
- What is heat conduction
- How do Navy Seals build mental stamina
- How do I change the pension provider
- Stop smoking a disease
- A bowl is a hollow sphere
- How do video cameras work
- Can dry ice become a liquid
- What can i get when i learn english
- Where does change come from
- Where can I meet jazz musicians
- How much water is needed for digging
- How is Starbucks doing in Europe
- Are life coaches overrated
- What is movie 43