What is the infinity
With infinity we mean when something has no end or is limitless. The opposite would be finitude. Infinity is difficult to imagine. Things can be infinitely big, but they can also be infinitely small. In mathematics, a special symbol is used when something is infinitely large, namely an eight lying on its side. The infinity of time was often referred to as eternity in the past.
Although infinity is difficult to understand, a thought experiment helps a bit: Let's imagine we have an apple. If we cut it in half and eat one half, there will be something left over. If we halve this rest again and eat half of it, then there is a rest again. This rest is smaller than the one before. You can go on and on like this. The leftover apples keep getting smaller, but there is still something left to cut in half. The process can never end, it is infinite. You can also see that you can eat an apple every time you cut it in half, even infinitely often. Still, you will never have eaten the whole apple.
We often use the word "infinite" for things that are not infinite at all. For example, if we have to wait a very long time for something, we are quick to say that it is taking an infinite amount of time. One would also quickly say that the number of grains of sand in a desert is infinite. But that's not true, because theoretically you could count them all and would eventually come to an end. But then you would have a very large number as a result.
The universe is perhaps infinitely large, but nobody really knows. In many religions God is infinite because he never had a beginning and will never end. In mathematics, there is a lot of work with infinity. For example, there are infinitely many numbers. If you divide 1 by three, the result is 0.33333 ..., the three go on infinitely after the decimal point. Mathematicians are familiar with many such examples.
There are also other search results for “Infinity” from Blind Cow and Ask Finn.
- What does quant mean in finance
- How difficult is MuleSoft
- Has Peter Thiel ever been to China
- Persian is a Latin language
- Is the incineration biblical
- We have fun billionaires
- Who is Mahesh Murthy
- Can you explain the retrospective determinism fallacy?
- Can a psychopath become a sociopath
- When did Britain become a sea power?
- What is the ASTM A182 F316
- Can we update reports in Tableau Server
- Who was the first Manipuri king
- What is acetal
- If 6x 8 26 what is x
- What is the purpose of Thomson's atomic model
- Helicopter parenting evolves over time
- Get local channels with Roku
- Sell groceries at McDonalds
- A refurbished computer is a good buy
- Why are muggles born with wizarding powers
- Are communists and fascists called atheists?
- Is my IQ score reliable?
- Why is India such a depressed country