Why don't babies like diapers
Help, my child cannot be changed!
What can be so easy in the beginning often turns into a problem later: changing diapers. When your child is still very young, it cries when the diaper is full and likes to be freshened up. But the more mobile your child becomes, the more difficult it can be to change diapers.
Here you can find out in which phases your child thinks changing diapers is stupid - and which tricks you can use to motivate them.
Why won't my child change a diaper?
The more mobile your child becomes, the less they want to be changed. It is a great moment, for example, when your child has learned to turn. It practiced all the time beforehand, kept rolling backwards and now it finally works! Of course, this also has to be tried out on the changing table. The same is true if your child has just learned to sit or crawl, or if they start to pull themselves up. Your child is busy discovering the world - so why wait and lie still?
Or it is in the middle of a game situation and is afraid of missing something if you take it out of the situation. This is often the case, especially with small children.
Another reason your baby won't change is because your child is sore. Then changing diapers is simply uncomfortable or even painful. In all cases, however, it is important that you regularly swaddle your child to protect the skin and prevent irritation.
Your baby won't change? These tips bring relaxation
Depending on the age of your child, there are various tips and tricks that create distraction and make changing diaper more comfortable for everyone involved.
Babies under one year old: warmth and distraction
- Newborns and young babies often start crying as soon as they are undressed. We would probably react similarly if we were cuddled up on the couch and someone took the blanket away from us. This is because newborns chill quickly, and they actually start to freeze as soon as you take a piece of clothing off them. A radiant heater at the changing area or a warm towel can help to create a cozy atmosphere. You can also hang up a mobile to distract your little one.
- If your baby is a little taller, can grip and turn, everything else will be more interesting than changing diapers. So you need something that will draw full attention. This can be, for example, a rattle, a bottle filled with peas or a second diaper.
- A game that takes place exclusively on the changing table usually works best. For example, my children loved it pulling one cloth after the other out of the tempo box. This ensures a quiet winding unit and you can quickly put the towels back in the box.
- Your Baby constantly turns on its stomach when changing the diaper or crawl away on the changing table? Then one can help Changing tray, this is a changing mat with a high, rounded edge.
Small children from 12 months: do not interrupt the game by changing the diaper
- You can communicate better with children from one year of age and explain that they have to be swaddled. When the child is in the middle of the game, ask them to come to the changing table, for example when the puzzle is finished. So you don't pull your child out of the middle of the action.
- Offer your child to be toy (e.g. duplo male, picture book) to take with you on the changing table. Then it doesn't feel like it's leaving it behind. If you have enough time, you can “wrap” a cuddly toy together.
- Include your childFor example, by putting a bit of cream on their finger or asking them to hand you a diaper.
- It often helps to just do the Change changing station. It doesn't always have to be the changing table. Perhaps your child will feel more comfortable on the couch, the carpet or a mattress on the floor. Some children also love to be swaddled on the running washing machine. Or outside on the picnic blanket in summer when they can watch the clouds.
- If your child gets up while changing diapers, are Diaper briefs (“Pants”) are a good alternative to pulling up.
Changing tips for all ages
- My children have always loved being massaged briefly before or after changing diapers. So you can create a little ritual, give your child pats and at the same time strengthen your bond.
- Are always helpful at any age Songs, rhymes or finger games. But you can also tell short stories in two minutes to entertain your child and relax the situation.
- If you turn up your nose while changing and say “Oh, that stinks!”, It can make your child feel uncomfortable. Yes, the diaper contents often smell. But that is completely normal and should not be viewed negatively. In short: if you feel uncomfortable while changing diapers, your child will be no different.
- If your child has a sore bottom, special care is required. Here you should really be very gentle, not rub the skin, but gently cleanse the bottom with oil. There are mild products that care for and protect the skin at the same time.
Does my child no longer want a diaper?
Children from around two years of age are more and more interested in the potty and the toilet. If your child no longer wants to be diapered, this can also be a reason that they are ready to get dry and don't want a diaper at all. In that case, you can start potty training together.
The reasons for the "fight" at the changing table are varied. Do you have any more tips on what to do if a child does not want to be changed? We look forward to your comment
You might like that
- What are some great travel apps
- Why is Kawhi so humble
- How should educated people act
- Are you satisfied with your Microsoft Surface?
- Where did Medusa live before she died
- Why is our universe expanding rapidly
- Tim Conway is dead
- What are some tips for cooking shrimp
- Can MATLAB be used in sound engineering
- What makes a post viral
- A refurbished computer is a good buy
- What does Stripe payment mean during transport
- What do you miss about Lexington Kentucky
- Contains plastic carbon
- The Irishman dies
- Can an overdose of citalopram kill you
- What single sentence can break a marriage
- Is gay pride a form of propaganda
- Is GeH4 and CSH ionic hydride
- WHAT'S THE BEST ROM FOR GALAXY Y.
- Lives in our hands for a long time
- Which technology sectors make money
- What are some drawing tips
- Can a placebo be used for anything