Examples of endemic species
An endemic is an animal or plant that only lives in a certain area. One then says: "This animal or plant is endemic to this area". Such an area can be very small, for example an island or a canyon. There are also animals or plants that are endemic to an entire continent, for example the New World monkeys in South America.
There are many known endemics in the world. A famous example are the Galapagos tortoises, which are unique to the Galapagos Islands. They belong to the giant tortoises. The kiwi birds in New Zealand are also known to many people. The clothes birds are less well known. They belong to the finch family and live exclusively in Hawaii. Pandas, on the other hand, only live in the wild in a small part of China.
We also have endemics, for example the Baden giant earthworm from the southern Black Forest, which is over thirty centimeters long. The Bavarian spoonwort only grows in Bavaria. In some Austrian pine forests you can still find the anemomic jewelery basket, a particularly pretty flower. The rich gentian is a special type of gentian that only blooms in the Swiss Alps.
Endemics are more threatened with extinction than other animals and plants. They are often threatened because a habitat is lost. The smaller this is, the greater the risk.
There are also other search results for “Endemite” from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- How can I have fun after death
- What is Activity_main XML in Android
- Which startups are giving away free t-shirts?
- Can foxes jump? If so, how high
- Is the love of reading a strength in the workplace?
- Is yoga and meditation overrated
- What makes Burgundy wines so age-old
- Why Do Hospitals Recruit Electronics Engineers
- What does architecture mean today
- What animals can live in space
- Why is TCP IP called a suite
- How is RISC V funded
- How to unsubscribe someone on Instagram
- Why are there two Rochester New Yorks
- Is my life is a race
- How are accounting standards useful?
- How is the life of the Anglo-Indian people
- What are the limitations of 2D animation
- Can microservices be tested with the SOAP user interface
- What is an Otokar Kaya
- How do you trust a bank
- What is the story of Tibet and China
- Which banks do transfers in Ghana
- What is Rejuvena Cream
- What is exciton binding energy
- What is the function of anatomy
- What is the evolutionary benefit of bullying
- How do probationary periods work
- Is the silent treatment of emotional abuse
- How can Chelsea FC improve defensively?
- What is Russian social media
- INFJs can get angry
- Looks a black hole black
- What are great roast beef sandwich sides