Which author's book changed your life?
Feminist Books: 8 MUST-READ Book Tips
Julia Korbik: "Oh Simone! Why we should rediscover Beauvoir"
Woman, writer, philosopher, feminist: In this book you get a new look at the icon of the women's movement Simone de Beauvoir. EMOTION spoke to the author of this book, Julia Korbik.
Ms. Korbik, a book about Simone de Beauvoir - why now?
Decades ago she tried to find answers to questions that many young people ask themselves today: How can I lead an authentic life? What does it mean to be truly free - especially as a woman?
You were looking for the person behind the myth. Who did you find?
A woman who wasn't straightforward; which wasn't always right - but, and that's what I think is so great about her: She was self-critical and willing to admit mistakes and learn from them.
What did you learn from her?
That you have to work to make your dreams come true. That if you want to be a writer you have to sit down every day to write. That one should question general rules and norms. And that equality has to be fought for and does not just happen.
Your favorite quote?
"Wanting to be free means that others are also free."
"Oh Simone! Why we should rediscover Beauvoir", Julia Korbik, rowohlt, 12.99 euros.
Image: Rowohlt Paperback
- What is not recognizable
- What is the difference between legal history and science?
- What is 50 of 4
- What is, let's run away in Farsi
- What is a more expensive car and motorcycle
- What's your method for making pancakes
- What are crystal solids
- How is Taapsee Pannu doing in real life
- How many pubs are there in Dublin
- How do I download PyCharm on Linux
- How realistic is the Martian 2015 film
- Works better indoors or outdoors
- Which services does Route2Market offer
- How did YouTube break up with its viewers
- What is Trump's real greatness
- What does F E A.
- How does HotelTonight get its hotel inventories
- How does Egypt circumvent the Internet ban
- Are panic attacks hereditary
- What are mobile analytics services
- Was Machiavelli's philosophy realistically correct
- Is it worth buying the Alcatel Idol X +
- What are the functions of online marketplaces
- Is the love of reading a strength in the workplace?
- How is Facebook testing automation
- Why are recent bumps so fast
- Psychopaths ever think negatively about themselves
- How do you control the trigger
- How can coaching fees be reimbursed
- How much does an architectural visualization cost
- What is canal filling
- Why is CNN supporting Chris Cuomo
- What is Dos Mission