Is air a mixture or a compound
Composition of the air
Air is a gas mixture surrounding the earth's atmosphere, which when dry is made up of the main components nitrogen
(78.08% by volume) and oxygen (20.95% by volume). There are also noble gases (such as argon, helium, krypton and xenon) and other trace substances (such as carbon dioxide, methane, hydrogen, nitrous oxide and carbon monoxide), the total of which is less than 1% by volume.
In addition to the gases mentioned, the air also contains:
- Water vapor, the content of which in the atmosphere fluctuates over time and regionally and averages 0.4%
- Dust particles
- Aerosols (small solid and liquid particles suspended in the air)
- Sulfur and nitrogen compounds
- volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Ozone (secondary product, regional and temporal differences)
- radicals generated in the atmosphere
The proportions of naturally occurring gases change only slightly and, with the exception of water vapor and ozone, are largely evenly distributed up to a height of approx. 100 km (homosphere) due to the good mixing of the atmosphere. However, fluctuations in the individual components (in particular the trace gases) can occur from time to time and in certain areas, caused by volcanic eruptions or putrefaction processes, for example.
In addition to the natural constituents of the air, human (anthropogenic) air admixtures (e.g. nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide) can lead to long-term changes in the corresponding proportions. The long-lived trace substances that count among the greenhouse gases, such as B. methane and carbon dioxide can also have climate-relevant effects.
- What's your favorite GT3 car
- How useful are matrices in game development?
- How can I travel to Dhanushkodi
- Should you have your own sales team
- Is the implantation bleeding painful?
- A company still uses SVN today
- Which website promotes unusual art
- Will the Oraquick result still be correct?
- What is the purpose of the heart valves
- How are the living conditions in Japan
- How can math be messy?
- What is 8 15 3 4
- Can I get the contact number from IES?
- Is love a technology
- What are the 3 challenges in life
- How is the body prevented from decomposing?
- What are some hidden truths of coins
- Does AdBlock hurt websites
- How do investors influence a company?
- What are the parameters of a budget
- What goes well with potato chips
- What if you could predict customer behavior
- How can targeted ads do harm?
- Cricket is an overrated game in India