How should I overcome self-depression
Depression - more than just sad
Signs of depression
Certain signs suggest that you have depressive illness, and not just temporary depression. The three main signs are:
depressed, depressed mood
Loss of interest and joylessness
Lack of drive and fatigue
If you have had two of these three signs for more than 2 weeks, it could be a sign of depression.
Other complaints can also occur:
decreased focus and attention
decreased self-esteem and self-confidence
Feelings of guilt and worthlessness
exaggerated fear of the future and "black eyesight"
Thoughts or attempts to kill yourself
Physical complaints can also be an expression of depression. These are, for example, gastrointestinal problems, pain, dizziness or shortness of breath. Depending on how many signs there are, experts differentiate between three degrees of severity of depression: mild, moderate and severe.
The two-question test
A simple test can provide the first signs of depression: the Two-question test.
In the past month, have you felt down, sad, depressed, or hopeless a lot?
In the last month, have you had significantly less desire and enjoyment in things that you normally enjoy doing?
If you answered "yes" to both questions, it is advisable to contact a doctor or psychotherapist.
A doctor or psychotherapist will ask you in detail about the symptoms. He may also ask you to fill out questionnaires. Talking openly is essential to find out if you have depression and how severe it is. Questions about further complaints and physical examinations can be added to rule out other illnesses.
Depression can usually be treated well with psychotherapy or antidepressants. Both can also be combined with each other. In addition, other methods can be considered, such as waking therapy or light therapy. Exercise and physical training complement the treatment.
Which treatment is right for you depends on the severity of the condition. Your needs and living conditions are also important:
Mild depression: You can wait and see together with your doctor or therapist. If the symptoms do not improve, he should offer you psychotherapy. Antidepressants should not be used generally.
Moderate Depression: They should be offered either psychotherapy or treatment with antidepressants.
Major depression:Medicines and psychotherapy together are most effective here.
There are also easily accessible offers such as self-help manuals, DVDs or online programs with exercises and suggestions. These can help if you have not yet started personal therapy or if you have mild depression. Even without treatment, depression often subsides after a certain period of time. However, if the disease is left untreated, it may return and last longer.
More information on treatment can be found in the patient guidelines (see "Explained in detail" below).
What you can do yourself
The most important step is to see a doctor or psychotherapist. Don't be ashamed. Depression, like physical illness, is not a question of guilt: Nobody would hesitate to see a doctor about back pain.
It can help to take someone you trust with you to see a doctor or psychotherapist. She can support you and describe your mood "from the outside".
By seeking treatment, you have already taken an important step. Be prepared for such a treatment to take time. For many of those affected, the first improvement occurs after 2 to 4 weeks.
Sport and exercise are important. You don't have to perform at a high level. Try to set yourself small achievable goals: a walk in the fresh air, a little tour on a bike. Choose what you enjoy doing.
Other small activities can also help: a call to a friend, an appointment, a trip to the hairdresser's or a home-cooked meal can all be small successes.
Crises can be overcome more easily with support. Accept the offers of conversation and help from your family and friends.
Perhaps it will help you to exchange ideas with other people affected. Then you can turn to a support group.
- Chattisgarh e-commerce company
- Which account is best for saving
- May Arab girls Somali
- When does the virtual AADHAR ID start
- How do you hide your wealth
- Is Conservapedia a parody or not
- Difference between multiple alleles and a deadly gene.
- The Muslim Brotherhood is a myth
- Who won the war with Alexander
- What are needs Are they really needed
- What are the VoIP security measures
- How do I get over my first love
- Can you do yoga while showering
- How do I write good arguments
- What are some really smart recruiting methods
- Where was Gandhi killed
- What is the placement scenario in rgipt
- How often do you take the bus
- How is cat meningitis treated
- What frustrates you most about television today
- Why is parmesan so expensive
- Why do insects feel attracted to light?
- What's your Least Favorite YouTube Channel
- What is good chi
- How to make lifelong friends
- What are your ratings of XL Dynamics
- Top 10 songs by DJ Khaled
- A B Ed is important
- What were your impressions of a visit to Qatar
- Who is your bias wrecker in BTS
- What is target group approach in Facebook marketing
- What is Robert Ford's ultimate plan
- Do we need a gender equality law?
- Bill Wilson used LSD