How many portals does Minecraft have
The Nether Portal is a technical construction made of obsidian, with which the player can teleport from the upper world to the Nether and back, it is a portal. During construction, the obsidian is assembled into a frame at least 3 × 2 blocks in size, which is then ignited. The rectangular interior of the frame is then filled with a wobbling, violet light, a wobbling sound can be heard when stepping on. The purple light corresponds to the Nether Portal block. Now you can step through the portal to teleport into the Nether. This creates a counterpart in the Nether, a technical construction generated by the game that enables the return journey to the upper world.
A nether portal frame has the minimum dimensions of 3 × 2 blocks and consists of at least ten obsidians. Some players make the mistake of filling the corners of the portal with obsidian when building, which means that 14 blocks are required. However, these can be omitted, so that only ten obsidians are required in total. The frame can be a maximum of 23 × 23 blocks; however, the interior must always be rectangular, otherwise the portal will not open.
If no obsidian is available - for example because you haven't found enough diamonds for a diamond pickaxe and therefore cannot mine obsidian - the gate can also be made in a casting process. For this purpose, a mold (e.g. made of earth) of initially 1 × 4 blocks is set up, into which a lava bucket is then poured four times. The standing lava is then erased with water so that it turns into obsidian. In this way the Nether Portal can be built up piece by piece.
After building the frame, right-click one of the frame blocks to ignite with a lighter or a fireball. Alternatively, the portal can also be ignited with lava, but this is a bit more cumbersome: You place one or more blocks of lava next to the portal and surround the portal frame on both sides with as many combustible blocks as possible, e.g. B. wooden boards. They will catch fire and at some point ignite the portal. But there must be no block in the Portal frame are located.
The command can be used to set a nether portal block to a specific position. This makes it possible to set individual portal blocks in creative mode or using a command block. Entire portals are not possible in this way, because a portal block that receives a block update always checks whether it is really part of a portal and is then removed.
- As soon as you pass through a portal in the upper world and none exist in the Nether, it will be generated there.
- If you build another portal in the overworld within a 1024 blocks radius and walk through it, will no new portal is generated in the Nether, but you step out of the already existing one.
- In order to generate another portal in the Nether, a very large gap must be observed when building the portal in the upper world, namely at least 1024 blocks. For further dependencies between the portals see the separate section.
- Automatically generated portals are aligned with regard to the cardinal direction in the same way as the portal in the other world, i.e. either east-west or north-south. Between two portals in the Nether is eight times the distance in the upper world.
- Zombified Piglins may appear near nether portals.
- The height value of automatically generated portals corresponds to that of the portal in the respective other world, whereby one must note that the normal level of the Nether is 32, although that of the upper world is 62. However, you can destroy an automatically generated portal and build a new one at the height you want.
- If you build two portals on top of each other, you arrive in the upper world in the lower portal and in the Nether in the upper portal.
- Nether portals are generated on the next free space as close as possible to the corresponding coordinates, for example in a cave or much higher up on a mountain. If there is only one lava lake or ocean, the portal is supplemented by a small area for protection. In an ocean biome, the island hovers high above the surface of the water. Therefore one should be careful when going through a nether portal for the first time, because although one cannot fall directly into an abyss or lava, the safe zone is very small.
- If you run out of flint and iron bars and the portals close while you are in the nether, it is possible (albeit much more difficult) to reactivate the portal using a ghast's fireball. Conversely, a fireball can also deactivate a portal, which is why it should be protected. Alternatively, you can try to get gunpowder from a ghast, fire dust from a fire and coal from a witherskeleton to make a fireball.
- Lighters can often be found in the chests in Nether Fortresses
- Even if you build a portal with only ten obsidians by leaving out the corners, the automatically generated portal will consist of 14 obsidians.
- The player can hit the portal blocks with his hand, tools and blocks in survival mode without this deactivating the portal.
- Deactivation is possible by dismantling a frame block or by pouring water into it. Since you can leave out the corners when building, dismantling a corner does not deactivate the portal.
- Creatures and objects can pass portals, i. H. you can send creatures, vehicles, drops etc. through. However, this is only possible without passengers. Horses and pigs can only pass through without a rider. Spider riders and chicken riders cannot pass through nether portals.
- Objects that have passed a portal can only pass through the portal again after 15 seconds. If you are still in the portal blocks after the 15 seconds, you will only be teleported as soon as you have left and re-entered the portal blocks.
- If you are directly in the portal, you cannot open the inventory, the menu and the chat. Chests that are nearby can be opened, but no objects or blocks can be removed from them.
- If there is no other player in the vicinity of the portal, the chunks there will not continue to load after passing through the portal and the time will then stop there, as is usual in unloaded chunks. For example, if you detonate TNT and then travel through a portal before the TNT explodes, it will not explode until you return.
- If you build a portal in the Nether, it is possible that the generated portal is in the upper world in a cave if it is at least 5 blocks high.
- Although it is possible to build very large nether portals, it cannot be used to teleport an Ender Dragon. An ender dragon cannot destroy obsidian, but the portal blocks are destroyed as soon as the ender dragon touches them, thus deactivating the portal. This happens even before the Ender Dragon is moved into the Nether. So if you want to have an Ender Dragon in the Nether, you have to summon it with the command directly there.
Interaction between portals
- Every portal in the upper world that is to generate a new portal in the Nether must be at least 1024 blocks away from all other portals in the upper world.
- Every portal that is built closer to the upper world leads to an existing portal in the Nether.
- All portals within a radius of 1024 blocks always lead into the same thing Portal in the Nether. If you want to change the destination in the nether, you can only do this by removing the portal in the nether and rebuilding it at the desired location.
- However, this enables fast travel: the first portal in the upper world is built in a central location. The other portals in the upper world are built less than 1024 blocks away. If you step through one of the other portals, you end up at one portal in the Nether. There you just turn around and go back to the upper world and appear there at the central portal. One-sided teleportation to a central location is possible even without the command.
- In the Nether, the distance rule for the upper world applies Not. Instead, every distance that lies between two portals in the Nether is multiplied by eight in the upper world and a new portal is generated there.
- This makes it possible to cover great distances over the world over the Nether in just one eighth of the time. If you walk 128 blocks in the Nether and then return to the upper world, you are there 1024 blocks from the starting point.
- In order to connect portals in the upper world and the Nether in a targeted manner, you have to note the X and Z coordinates of the portal in the upper world and divide by 8, at these coordinates you then set up a portal in the Nether.
- Another possibility to connect two portals in the Nether with one portal in the upper world each, which are less than 1024 blocks apart, is the following method, but only in multiplayer mode, i.e. on a server or in one in the LAN network The world works: First the two nether portals in the upper world must be set. One can already be entered. Now comes the part that requires two players: one player deactivates the nether portal in the nether and the second enters the nether through the second portal in the upper world. This creates a second nether portal in the nether. In order to be able to use both Nether portals now, only the first Nether portal has to be activated again.
- Since version 1.15, portals that are located above the nether ceiling can also be connected on both sides. Before you could go to the upper world above the nether blanket, but if you wanted to go back, a new portal was generated again under the blanket.
In the current version, however, there is still a game bug (MC-149705), which means that when you return from the Nether, some portals within the 1024 block distance are often not recognized, which creates new portals instead of being in a existing portal.
Portal block 
The activated portal consists of portal blocks. These are semi-transparent and have an animated texture. They don't have a collision box so you can walk through it. It is possible to put portal blocks in front of and on top of each other, but not next to each other, because then they will get a block update and break down. This also happens when you place a block next to a portal block.
The portal block can be placed and stepped through in all dimensions, even in the end. The individual block functions like an ordinary Nether portal even without a frame. For example, if you use the block in the end you can teleport Endermen into the Nether.
Block state 
|Nether Portal||axis||The area lies in the X direction (east / west).|
|The area lies in the Z direction (north / south).|
|Into the nether||Craft a Nether Portal.||Build the portal, light it with a lighter and step inside.||30G||bronze|
- Nether portal blocks make the same sound as glass when destroyed in creative mode.
- In the creative mode it is possible to set up an end portal within the Nether, not the other way around.
Largest form of a nether portal
A nether portal generated in the air; it has a small head start
A nether portal in the nether
A nether portal over the sea, which was given a small lead by floating
Normal portal (left), simplified version (right)
|Version history of the Java Edition|
|Version history of the console edition|
- Who are the world experts on Sirius
- Why explore the oceans rather than space
- Can a government employee trade stocks
- How many For Dummies books are there?
- Was Robb Stark a warg
- Can I have two general practitioners
- That's right Noam Chomsky
- What is your UX process
- How is tar made
- What's going on with WebAssembly these days
- Turks call themselves Turkish
- What comes after 125 25 375 5
- Offers ITER Bhubaneswar BCA courses
- Why is recovery bad
- Are people obsessed with celebrities
- What is grafting
- What do you rub before the injection
- What is RFC 1064
- What is your UX process
- How do you overlay in Photoshop
- What is the name of a group of pumas
- When did raiders move to Oakland?
- How dangerous are orange spiders in Maryland
- How to play YouTube videos automatically
- Is ammonium acetate basic or acidic
- Do sociopaths have a need to brag
- Why do ceilings have popcorn texture
- What classifies someone as radical
- Narcissists worship Satan 1
- Small mosquitoes can fly through screen doors
- Why is DNA wrapped
- How was today's NSEP 2019 20
- What's your favorite song for jive
- What is the current Dragon Ball series