How do I prune vegetables and fruits
Which cutting board for meat, fish, vegetables and fruit?
Cutting boards are part of the basic equipment of every kitchen and are useful everyday helpers that are needed for almost every dish. It starts with the preparation of small fruit salads: whether for chopping a banana, chopping an apple or peeling and slicing mangoes - a cutting board is indispensable for all of this. But not only fruit, also vegetables such as tomatoes, aubergines, onions and the like are processed on the kitchen boards - and that doesn't stop there: Meat and fish also belong in many dishes and in most cases have to be cooked in advance The cutting board can be filleted or minced. But is one board enough to prepare all kinds of food?
One cutting board is not enough: the right cutting board for every purpose
From a hygienic perspective, it makes sense to have different cutting boards on hand for different purposes. Fish and raw meats, such as poultry, are often contaminated with germs and bacteria. An example of this is salmonella, which can easily be spread to other foods by using the same board. So it is more hygienic to have at least two cutting boards in the household. The odor development on cutting boards also plays an important role: In particular, strongly aromatic foods such as onions, fish or garlic can transfer their smells to the boards. After all, a freshly cut apple that tastes like onion is not a particularly tasty idea. Even if cutting boards by hand (Wooden cutting boards) and in the dishwasher (Plastic cutting boards) can be cleaned, the smells are sometimes very stubborn and cannot be 100% removed. Another reason not to use just one board for everything. But which cutting board is best for which work?
The right cutting board for meat and fish, the plastic cutting board
Plastic boards are ideal for meat and fish, which can then be cleaned efficiently in the dishwasher due to their high durability (please refer:Plastic cutting board). It is best to choose two different cutting boards made of plastic, because this way you can maintain hygiene even better.
Our tip for your meat cutting boards: After preparing raw meat, never process fruit and vegetables that do not have to be cooked or cooked afterwards.
The right cutting board for bread
In principle, the cutting boards for vegetables, fruit and the like can also be used for bread, but cutting bread is a very crumbly affair, which is why another wooden board with a drip tray is ideal for this (please refer: Walnut cutting box). Bread crumbs can be removed in no time and pushed into the collecting tray. Or you can use one Bread cutting board with milled grooves.
The right cutting board for vegetables and fruits
For this, wooden cutting boards can be used, which can then only be cleaned by hand. Whether a head of lettuce, an apple, a tomato or even a potato - thorough hand cleaning will not transfer any odors, bacteria or the like. A wooden board can therefore be used for a wide variety of (rather mild) types of fruit and vegetables. But be careful with coloring fruits and vegetables: Our tip for vegetable and fruit cutting boards: Choose a practical wooden cutting board with a juice groove (see: Cutting box with juice groove), because liquids can collect there without the worktop becoming very dirty. And for hobby cooks who like to chop a lot, the innovative cutting box on: A cutting board with an integrated box - the cut material can then be selected and portioned straight away.
No more onion smell: the perfect cutting board for onions and garlic
Are you a fan of aromatic dishes, do you like to conjure up spaghetti aglio e olio, onion tart or chili-garlic dips? Then you can hardly avoid preparing a dish without adding onions or a clove of garlic. So that your cheese bread does not taste like onions afterwards and your freshly cut pineapple does not smell garlic, it is recommended to use a separate cutting board for these two special cases. Plastic is the best choice for this, as it can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
A little tip on how you can protect your kitchen boards from onion odor in combination with a thorough cleaning afterwards: Rinse the board with cold water before onion contact!
Our conclusion: four cutting boards are the perfect number
- A Plastic cutting board for raw meat - if necessary another one for fish
- A Wooden cutting board with juice groove for fruit and vegetables
- A Wooden cutting board with a drip tray for fresh bread
- A Plastic board for aromatic foods
- Why is footwork important in boxing
- How is Pak Terrorism to be countered
- Is Valhalla the Nordic version of heaven
- Which classic films should I see
- What is an Ashx file format
- Mug photos are protected by copyright
- What is the name of the new SuperCell game
- Where do you fish in the UK
- Which ministers were killed by Sambhaji Maharaj
- How can intellectual disabilities be treated
- Replaces KNEC lost certificates
- Is the Merkava 4 a good tank
- Do some actors love acting?
- How does human blood taste
- What are the most popular professions these days
- Who is the leader of all angels
- What is ERC20 technology
- Why is namecheap com still a reseller
- Can a blowfish fly
- What is 3 + 5sin 30
- What is Netflix's original 2017 programming strategy
- What does Darth Vader
- A plasma state can exist anywhere
- Why do business people travel
- How many Star Wars fans are there
- How do I reach Thivim from Arpora
- What is a good foreplay repertoire for percussion
- Is faster than Amazon CloudFront Why
- How would I make a sneaker bot
- What is single view clustering
- How do you think gender inequality began
- Do you like SnapBacks
- What does a foen diffuser do