Why do Samsung chargers stop working
Mobile phone no longer charges - this is how you solve the problem!
Your cell phone no longer charges? When the battery goes on strike, there can be various reasons. We'll tell you what charging problems there are and how to solve them.
Smartphone batteries are and will remain a tiresome topic for quite a while. They often have too little capacity to make it through the day, wear out rapidly and are also a hardware vulnerability that is one of the most common reasons for repair. However, if your cell phone no longer charges, you shouldn't have an expensive new battery installed straight away. You can often identify and solve the problem yourself. Before you take a closer look at your smartphone, it is worth researching whether it is a common defect that is known from the manufacturer. It doesn't cost anything to ask Google, and if you're lucky, the guarantee will apply.
Check power supply unit and charging cable
Don't think too complicated. The fact that the cell phone does not charge is often due to very mundane things. Here is a checklist to always go through first:
- Electricity on the socket: To be on the safe side, plug the power supply unit into a second socket or connect another test device.
- Charging cable defective: Check your charging cable. If it is badly kinked or dirty, the phone will not charge. Replace the cable to be on the safe side
- Power supply defective: Often the problem lies with the connector. Replace the power supply unit to rule out this source of error as well.
- USB / Lightning connector dirty: Check the USB / Lightning connection on your smartphone. Clean it up if it is very dirty.
Danger! Make sure not to poke around the connectors with needles, paper clips, or the tips of a knife. You risk short circuits and deformations. Instead, use a cotton swab or toothbrush.
For newer premium smartphones there is another method to rule out a cable or power supply defect. If your cell phone is capable of wireless charging, place it on a wireless docking station. If the mobile phone does not charge here either, you must continue to search for the source of the error.
Find viruses and malware
If you've recently opened emails from unknown contacts or visited new websites, you may have caught a virus. Among other things, this can ensure that the cell phone no longer charges. New apps can also be the cause of errors. The best thing to do is to install a virus scanner. If it doesn't find anything, it helps to delete the last installed apps or, in an emergency, to restore the smartphone to the factory settings. However, all of your saved data and settings will be lost.
Here we show you how to reset your iPhone and Android phone to the factory settings.
Eject the microSD card
With a microSD card you can increase the storage capacity of your smartphone. They are available in different sizes and types and from different manufacturers. However, not every smartphone is able to read all variants. If the wrong microSD card is inserted in the slot, this can prevent the smartphone from charging. It is best to eject it once before loading in order to exclude this source of error as well.
Bad battery - signs of broken hardware
If you have excluded all other sources of error, only the battery remains. But here, too, you shouldn't jump to conclusions. If you haven't used your smartphone for a long time, the battery is usually deeply discharged. In this case, your phone will take a long time to start charging. Plug it into an outlet and wait. If the device still does not give any sign of life after ten minutes, the deep discharge cannot be the cause.
If your battery is unusually hot, suddenly discharges above a certain percentage, or does not fully charge, you should be careful. Your cell phone won't charge because the metal housing of the lithium-ion battery may have warped. In this case there is even a risk of fire. To be on the safe side, disconnect the smartphone from the power supply, switch it off and take it to an expert in a cell phone repair shop.
- William Shakespeare was bad at English
- Can you cause a heart attack
- How were neodymium magnets invented
- What is clinical hypnotherapy
- Is fart smelly after going to the toilet
- Will Hindi be more popular than Mandarin
- President Trump is an advocate for capitalism
- Internet use is becoming more private
- What are the benefits of RPA
- Artificial intelligence can match a human brain
- What is the main culture or intelligence
- What do fish not eat
- How can I improve my DTV signal?
- What happened in Portugal during World War II
- In which countries is LGBT legal?
- What are Walmart's greatest loss leaders
- Can I eat Brie on keto?
- Why was Sanjay Gandhi killed
- Can morpheme be represented by a single phoneme
- What are your habits and interests
- Who built the first acoustic guitar?
- How do I swap two numbers
- Accepts Alibaba crypto currency
- How many narcissists have committed murder